PDA

View Full Version : HE wants meat!

geegee
05-03-2006, 04:31 PM
My husband has been deployed for the last 4 monthsso I havent bought or cooked meat for at least that long.When I spoke to him on the phone he told me to get some meat in the house for him.I feel a little funny about this now since I havent done it in so long.Any advise? :popcorn

mummy2boys
05-03-2006, 05:46 PM
no idea :shrug :hugheart

:popcorn

flowermama
05-03-2006, 06:40 PM
What kind of meat does he like? Is it red meat, pork, chicken? :nails Oh, goodness, that would be hard. I don't cook meat for my dh anymore, though I did when I first became vegan. I cook vegan for him, but he eats luchmeat on his sandwhiches (he makes his own sandwhiches now even... he started that about a year ago or so, I think :heart), and will fix himself a can of tunafish sometimes, or eat a can of beef stew from time to time (not around us). The sad thing that about that, though, is he's not eating the healthiest meat when he does eat meat, and I worry about that. :o(

Maybe you could cook ahead and freeze some of the cooked meat, so that you'll be dealing with raw meat as little as possible. I'm not sure, but maybe that might make it a little easier?

:hug2

geegee
05-04-2006, 12:55 PM
He want it all.What I used to do is send the kids out to play and cook it all and freeze.He does eat it at the table and we teach our kids not to judge others because some peolpe eat meat.I guess I might just have to think of other things while I do this. :mrgreen

Aisling
05-04-2006, 12:59 PM
:hug Wish I had some real advice...I usually send dh out to the grill to do his own cooking when he gets carnivore cravings :P~

My only suggestion would to buy pre-cut things...like boneless, skinless. That way you'd have a minimal amount of raw meat handling if it really gets to you :hug2