PDA

View Full Version : Picture of my pads!

Hopeful
04-28-2006, 08:30 AM
I’m in the process of sewing myself some cloth mama pads…here’s my stash so far…
:)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/Tigerius/passtash.jpg

I really love the prints! Almost makes me look forward to AF coming back!! :laughtears

Reva
04-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Cool! :tu Those look way better than mine! :giggle

Ellyane
04-28-2006, 08:33 AM
cool! what kind of fabric are you using? Did you put snaps on the wings? Just curious. I'm trying to get around to making some myself.

Hopeful
04-28-2006, 08:43 AM
I need to add the snaps (once DS is awake LOL!!)

I used fleece on the back, various layers (depending on the purpose of the pad: nighttime, heavy, pantyliner...) of cut up prefolds (I really did not get on with these as diapers) and cotton on top.

They were very easy to make.

Ellyane
04-28-2006, 08:47 AM
ooohh I have some really pretty cotton scraps somewhere! Now I'm going to have to dig them out!

I also have some hemp diaper inserts lying around that I don't use. Think they'd work for the insides?

Hopeful
04-28-2006, 08:57 AM
i did try using hemp diaper inserts but both my sewing machine and my serger didn't like the hemp so i gave up.

to make the pads, i cut out one square of the top print and one square of fleece. I then cut out a strip of however many prefold layers nedded. I think mine were 4 inches wide and as long as the square. Sew the strip to the reverse of top layer of the pad.

Next serge the top layer and the fleece together.

To create the wings, serge off each corner of the square. Apply snaps/aplix and Voila! :)

blessedwithboys
04-28-2006, 01:28 PM
WWYD if you didn't have a snap press? I'd be afraid of the aplix being irritating.

Very interested in making some for myself!

Hopeful
04-29-2006, 02:54 AM
I don't have a resin snap press - just a metal snap press gadget that I got in the sewing shop for about $5 including 10 sets of snaps. I think they're called ring top snaps.

blessedwithboys
04-29-2006, 05:53 AM
ah, okay. I'll see if GMIL has one of those (I have to use her serger and sewing machine). If not I'll go get one! Thank you! :tu

Ellyane
04-30-2006, 05:44 PM
I don't have a resin snap press - just a metal snap press gadget that I got in the sewing shop for about $5 including 10 sets of snaps. I think they're called ring top snaps.

I've been thinking about getting one of those. How do you like it?

Hopeful
05-01-2006, 08:17 AM
works just fine.
I don't know how long the snaps will stay in place but they seem fairly secure

Garnet
05-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey Hopeful sent me one that looks just like that middle one.....and I gotta tell you it was soooo cute, and so well made! I showed it to my mom, and she thought so too!

Its just what I wanted! Do you make them to sell?

Hopeful
05-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Do you make them to sell?

i didn't intend to originally but finances are tight so i've just started selling some yesterday.
i've got more in stock if anyone's interested :O

Garnet
05-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Thats wonderful! To have atalent like that and be able to make money with it! :hug