PDA

View Full Version : toddler capri pants

LauraK
04-18-2006, 03:07 PM
I am totally new to sewing, as in I have been doing it for less than a month. I was wondering if any of you knowledgeable people know a good pattern or book to use for sewing Capri pants and perhaps some other simple clothes for my 18 month old and possibly for my 3 year old daughters? Also, what is a good source for fabrics and elastic for these endeavors? Is it hard to sew knit fabric?

I really want to sew the Capri pants as I can’t find what I am looking for reasonable priced in stores and when I put dd in shorts she falls so much her knees end up bloody :(

Can anyone recommend anything?

LauraK
04-20-2006, 01:42 PM
I found a pattern for under $2 at Walmart that I am going to give a go :-)

hbmamma
04-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Some great fabric deals can be found at www.fabric.com They also have patterns, though I've not used any of them. You can usually find "sew easy" and the such in the pattern books from McCalls, Butterick, and Simplicity. They are easy patterns and generally don't cost a whole lot. As far as notions, I use www.sewtrue.com It's more toward wholesale, but that's what I do, but the prices are good and you can stock up on good quality notions. :grin