PDA

View Full Version : Rag Rugs

freshwaterfish
04-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Has anyone ever made a rag rug? Where's a good place to start as far as finding material to recycle and a pattern to explain how to make one? I LOVE rag rugs and thought it might be a fun thing to do in the evenings... I'm a single mom and need something to keep me busy in the evenings, my loneliest time of day...

Thanks...

April

boonpnutsmom
04-13-2006, 05:43 PM
I haven't made them but I have them all over my house, I can get them locally for about $1.50

freshwaterfish
04-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Really?! I'm so green!!! I'd have them all over my house too if I could find that for that price... hehe

April

DogwoodMama
04-13-2006, 06:05 PM
I've seen some articles about this...are you interested in doing a braided rug or some other style? I bet you could find info how to do it on the internet for sure! :grin

Marmee
04-13-2006, 06:17 PM
I made one but it was sooooo long ago - I really can't remember specific instructions. I think I just braided rags together and then coiled them up - hand sewing them as I went. I think that my dd had instructions in one of her library books recently. It may have been the American Girl Craft Book - I think it was the Kirsten or the Addy craft book. They are titled as: "Kirsten's Craft Book" or "Addy's Craft Book" I believe.

cklewis
04-17-2006, 12:04 PM
:nak

i crocheted one once using "end runs" from a mill that wove Ralph Lauren sheets. That was when those mills were local. And I used one of those really large plastic crochet hooks -- about the size of a big magic marker.

C