PDA

View Full Version : What are you making for Easter dinner?

Aerynne
04-12-2006, 12:55 PM
I bought a ham for the meat eaters in dh's family (ugh!) but I was wondering what I should make for me. Any yummy ideas? I was thinking of pasta primavera. So it's not very Eastery, but it's a good Spring dish and it sounds yummy to me. I'm going to make enough of whatever I make for everyone to have some.

bliss
04-14-2006, 09:56 AM
We have "brunch" stuff - scrambled eggs (vegan - could do tofu scramble) muffins or quick bread fruit salad one year I found veg. "jello" on sale and made a mold with that, stuff like that. You are a braver man than I - I couldn't handle buying/cooking/serving a ham. . .(baaaabe. . . :giggle) your family better really appreciate you!

Myrtle
04-14-2006, 10:06 AM
a trip to my parent's for mom's homecookin' :grin

Aerynne
04-14-2006, 12:05 PM
I couldn't handle buying/cooking/serving a ham. . .(baaaabe. . . :giggle) your family better really appreciate you!

All I had to do was buy it. I'm making mil cook it. It was in plastic packaging and I never had to touch it nor will I. Mil just doesn't have the money.

Brunch stuff sounds yummy. I'm thinking for breakfast I'll make a "casserole" with grated potatoes, eggs, cheese, and spinach. That's a favorite around here. I don't make it often because it's quite a bit of work.