PDA

View Full Version : Bible Verses on God Carrying Us

raquel
04-09-2006, 04:58 PM
DH & I are really excited to be able to wear our baby when it arrives. DH is particularly keen because he see it as the baby being cared for and soothed by being carried close to him (I think he must be getting a little jealous of all the movements and close interactions I get now being pregnant.) But either way we're both excited! :grin

Last night I was reading some stuff in the Sears Christian Parenting book and was struck by Isaiah 40:11 (they were quoting it in relation to relaxing into God's care and stuff during breastfeeding difficulties) where it says:

"11 He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young." (underlined part was what struck me).

God carries us close to His heart and that's a great reason for me to carry my child close to my heart!! :tu And it got me thinking that there must be other verses that talk about God gently carrying us and caring for us. So, I'm on the hunt for them! Anyone else care to share any other "baby-wearing" Bible verses that have encouraged them??

Kiddie Cradles
04-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I dont know of any off hand but I think I'll add that Isaih one to my website! :D Thanks!

InglesideMomma
04-11-2006, 01:38 PM
I'll have to see if I can find some.
I just made a t shirt (in reaction to a snarky comment of lazy babies :P~ )
"I wear my child close to my heart"

It's nice to have what you feel reinforced by the Bible! :amen

Earlyriser
04-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks for sharing that verse. I love the context! I have a feeling I've come across some others that apply..I'll post when I find it.

Earlyriser
04-17-2006, 03:49 PM
This scripture is about God holding us while we're sleeping-which I think can relate to nappin' in arms in the sling...

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.
Deuteronomy 33:12
He really never leaves us! :D

Marrae
04-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Deut 33:27
The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.

bananacake
03-31-2012, 02:45 PM
"Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day he carries us in his arms." Psalm 68:19 (NLT)