PDA

View Full Version : Fluoride?? X-Rays?? Quick-help!

JJsMom
04-03-2006, 03:25 PM
My ds is going to have to be put out tomorrow to have some teeth filled. :cry :cry :cry :nails I'm so scared about the whole thing, but I think this is what we have to do. He is so young and the thought of them having to restrain him in order to fill his teeth is worse to me than being put out. It's been such a stressful thing around here.
When I talked to the dentist office today they said that they will do his fillings, then do x-rays and a flouride treatment too. I said no to the fluoride, but I'm not sure. I haven't done much research on that, I guess I didn't think it was going to be an issue yet. Also, he seems so young to have x-rays. Any thoughts?

Irene
04-03-2006, 05:59 PM
We are going to the dentist on Monday and I am scared of xrays too.... but I cant expect to go to the dentist and not get xrays :( I dont know what to do either :( are they mercury fillings? I think I would be more concerned about that...

From what I have read about flouride (very little ;) ) that its pretty much a toxin :nails I say that as I still use the regular mainstream toothpaste :/

I dont know... I wish I knew more about this stuff :( :hug

cobluegirl
04-04-2006, 10:04 PM
How did it go? I am just now seeing this?

JJsMom
04-05-2006, 06:07 AM
It went okay. We didn't get the fluoride done, but did get x-rays. It was really hard when he cried when they put the mask on him and just seeing him laying there and having to leave him. :cry But he came out just groggy and slept for awhile. He's completely fine now and actually yesterday afternoon he seemed almost normal.
I'm just so glad that it's over and hopefully we never have to go through that again.
Thanks for asking!