PDA

View Full Version : A beautiful bear hug-like experience

ArmsOfLove
03-29-2006, 08:56 PM
We recently got ds a booster seat because his car seat wasn't comfortable and it was old and we wanted him to feel like a big boy when he turned 4 :tu It used the seatbelt and it fit him nicely.

When I was buckling him I started doing the chest part and he said, "Hey, I can't move around." I said, "That's right--that's the point." He sighed a huge sigh of relief :shifty :giggle It was obvious that he needed to be in a firm and safe boundary so that he felt safe and calm. The air in the van was palatably different! It was calm :heart

When I looked at the 5 Point Harness on my child I couldn't help but notice the similarity to a Bear Hug :grin It's securing him in exactly the same way--and he definitely felt safer when he was buckled than he has in the last couple of weeks!

QuiltinGramma
03-29-2006, 10:08 PM
That's cool ! :tu

milkmommy
03-29-2006, 11:40 PM
When I looked at the 5 Point Harness on my child I coudn't help but notice the similarity to a Bear Hug grin It's securing him in exactly the same way--and he definately felt safer when he was buckled than he has in the last couple of weeks!
:yes We had conformation it was worth the money to put Cecilia in a 5 pt harness and not a belt positioner even thought shes "right at the weight I could" We wnt with my friend to the state park over the weekend because its like $8 fee per vehicle we decided to "carpool" and split the cost she has an extra Gracco turbo booster so we thought fine we will just use that. :rolleyes2 DD kept saying Mommy I'm not safe help I'm not safe. and while she seemed "secure" when we stopped she got out by slipping under the belt :jawdrop, frightening to think how she could have been ejected if we'd had a crash. Deffinetly likes her hug belt better :grin

Deanna

Radosny Matka
03-30-2006, 08:54 PM
:hearts Thanks so much for sharing that story.

This Busy Mom
03-30-2006, 09:03 PM
We have a 5 point harness car seat, too. It's so much better made than the old one we had. We just got a different vehicle because we won't all be able to fit in my truck anymore when the baby gets here. It was such a tight fit in the back seat that I couldn't get the new bigger carseat in it :( . Zoe used to prop her feat up on the center console and it must've been pretty comfortable because the first longer than 20 minute ride in the "new" vehicle and she was saying "Ow, ow, ow." I couldn't figure out why then I realized she kept sticking her legs straight out. She's not used to having dangling feet :giggle .