PDA

View Full Version : Parenting the Way God Parents?

JamesMama
03-29-2006, 07:31 PM
We are starting a 'young parents' group at my church, and the Pastor is taking suggestions for Christian parenting books. I already suggested Biblical Parenting, Grace Based Parenting, and Jesus on Parenting.

I saw Parenting the Way God Parents at the book store today and wondered if anyone had read it or heard of it?

Thanks!

ArmsOfLove
03-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Hmmm I'm not familiar with that :think Is that the paperback name for How Would Jesus Raise A Child???

JamesMama
03-29-2006, 09:41 PM
No, the paper back form of How Would Jesus Raise a Child is "Jesus on Parenting" I flipped through it really quickly but James wasn't in the mood to sit and let me look at books so I didn't get a lot of 'skimming' time. :lol

I didn't see anything about spanking, but I also saw a reference to Focus on The Family...

AmyDoll
03-29-2006, 09:56 PM
I looked it up on Amazon and it sounds OK - the one review is encouraging and so is the summary.
I'm also encouraged that the author (Karen Koonce) has a Masters Degree specializing in learning, behavior, and attention difficulties. So, she's not a "self-proclaimed" expert. She actually has a fancy piece of paper to back it up :giggle.
I'd read it with trepidation. If you get it - please post a review here.

steffanie3
04-04-2006, 12:11 PM
I was wondering about this also.