PDA

View Full Version : My dd shows how its done!

Marmee
03-23-2006, 07:20 PM
My ds had his speech therapy yesterday at the house. He is two. We just had a big load of sand delivered in the back yard for warm weather play. It is huge and the children have been hard at work playing in it. After speech lesson inside, my ds took his teacher out in the yard to show her the sand. In a few moments she came back in. "I have never seen anything like that", she said, "Your daughter is amazing with him!" She told me that dd had been digging a big hole in the sand and that when they went out my ds started to push sand back into the hole his sister had made. DD's response was, "Hey Buddy, wouldn't you like to go get your truck and play over there? I am digging a hole." When ds continued to put sand in her hole, she said that dd just shrugged and said, "Okay buddy, I can keep digging anyway." They peacefully continued with the sand going in and out of the hole for a minute and then ds walked away to do something else. The speech therapist was shocked at how peaceful my dd is to my rambunctious son. DD is very gentle and redirects him if he gets into her things - she is generally very patient and long-suffering where he is concerned. This same lady has commented a lot over the past few months of coming to our house about the gentle household. I told her about GBD and GCM. She has a baby at home. It is so great that even my six year old can be a good example to others about how to treat children. :tu I was so proud of her, I had to share!

MarynMunchkins
03-23-2006, 07:55 PM
:rockon

Wanna come send her to teach my kids? :shifty ;)

Marmee
03-23-2006, 08:15 PM
It isn't always like this! (of course!) But dd really is a very sweet little girl. Ds has been sick a lot since he was born - I wonder if that made her more sympathetic? She had wanted a sibling for so long (we all had). I don't know. I thank God for her - I really do. She is so gentle and very sensitive - even with her friends. The down side is that she is easily hurt and has a hard time dealing with suffering in the world. The neighborhood fire left her sobbing yesterday (but to be fair - it WAS traumatic). (See my post in the news forum for that crazy story!)

Danette
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
:laughtears Mary :laughtears

Your dd sounds so sweet. Have you taught her how to interact with your son or is that just how she is? My boys interact well... but there has been a lot of training along the way... and then there is my dd who just seems to know how to gently deal with others. :shrug oops... did I just open up the Nature vs Nurture can?? :can :lol

Radosny Matka
03-24-2006, 07:52 PM
:highfive Wow! That is awesome You *should* be very proud! :heart

Marmee
03-24-2006, 09:01 PM
I suppose it could be part of both her personality and training. We have worked really hard to show her how to deal with a younger sibling and I keep children at home - so she has had a lot of practice in "getting along".