PDA

View Full Version : The garden is officially started!

snlmama
03-20-2006, 05:55 PM
:sun :danced

The boys and I went outside this afternoon and planted tomatoes and cukes. Dh put the onions out last week (b/c he just couldn't wait). My basil and chives are coming up now. I still need to get some broccoli and chard seeds - the store was out today. Guess I wasn't the only one chomping at the bit to plant. :mrgreen

I bought some seeds for okra and some pumpkins and I guess I'll plant the okra tomorrow. I want to wait on the pumpkins so they're getting ready later in the fall. Last year it was too hot and they rotted on the vines.

Just had to brag. I'm so ready for some garden tomatoes.... :D

SueQ
03-21-2006, 12:08 AM
:tu How fun!!! I thought that I would be planting early things today but talked to our land lord's as we use part of their garden. I found out that they plowed it but want to go over it again to level it out more so I won't be planting my garden yet for a bit. I did plant some lettuce in front of our patio. So hopefully I'll be crunching on some lettuce in a month. ;)

Iarwain
03-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Wow you guys that's great. There's not much we can plant this early here. Tomatoes can't go in the ground 'til May. I'd love to get my sugar snaps started this week, though.

naturalmama83
03-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Congrats!!! :tu

We woke up to 6+ inches of snow on the ground so I'm guessing it will be a little while before we can get anything planted :giggle