PDA

View Full Version : I bought biblical parenting!

Gentle Journey
03-19-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm finally getting it! It's only $13 at A1books.com :jump2

Heather Micaela
03-19-2006, 03:23 PM
:woohoo It is awesome. It is amazing how much good infor is jam packed with so much good information and encouragement. I got it less than a month ago though I've been a gentle mama for a year now. I have no idea why I waited so long!

Gentle Journey
03-19-2006, 03:29 PM
:woohoo It is awesome. It is amazing how much good infor is jam packed with so much good information and encouragement. I got it less than a month ago though I've been a gentle mama for a year now. I have no idea why I waited so long!

Where did you get it from> I ordered last year from amazon and they kept changing delivery date from April through July before I cancelled. They just changed delivery date again, so I casncelled and went to A1 for way cheaper

QuiltinGramma
03-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Think I'll go check out A-1 and order my copy. :yes

MamatoBiz
03-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Order it from Crystal! If you order it through www.aolff.org, she gets a bigger cut of the sale :tu

QuiltinGramma
03-19-2006, 03:37 PM
:cry You bought the last one......
I think I can order a workbook thru Crystal also, so I'll go there. :)

Gentle Journey
03-19-2006, 08:25 PM
That wasn't the impression I got from Crystal or I defiantly would have bought it from her. Sorry Crystal :blush even on her site it says to go to amazon and I'm just frustrated trying to get it from them. I do want to buy her work book though.

MamatoBiz
03-19-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad! :blush I really didn't. I could be wrong too, it was only what I had thought when I gotten mine.

I'm really sorry for being tactless :heart

Gentle Journey
03-19-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad! :blush I really didn't. I could be wrong too, it was only what I had thought when I gotten mine.

I'm really sorry for being tactless :heart

Oh no, you weren't!!! I would want myself and everyone go give Crystal the best deal. I would have just thought they gave her X amount of money from X amount of books they published and whatever they sell for from there doesn't matter.

purplerose
03-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the reminder! I've been on GCM for almost a year now and I still haven't bought it! :O Nor have I "officially become a member" :O :O :O I guess I should get going on this stuff!! :shifty

Gentle Journey
03-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the reminder! I've been on GCM for almost a year now and I still haven't bought it! :O Nor have I "officially become a member" :O :O :O I guess I should get going on this stuff!! :shifty

You aren't officially a member? Am I not then? How does one become a member? I thought being registered ment you're a member.

QuiltinGramma
03-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Membership is free for being online and posting to the boards. But there is a paid membership of $15 for 1 year and you receive a monthly newsletter, I think.

Now you used to be able to buy Crystal's book with her autograph from either her site or somewhere else....but I don't think it was from Amazon and it did cost more for that.

I ordered her book from Half.com for DD for Christmas and never did get it. So, I ended up ordering it from Amazon. Now I need to get one for myself. :yes

mummy2boys
03-19-2006, 10:29 PM
I have ordered it straight from Crystal and I am here in Australia...I can hardly wait!!

I got the workbook too

ArmsOfLove
03-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Just to clarify :) I do get more from selling them through my site, and they are autographed :O, but I understand that they can be purchased for less and I know finances are tight for many of us single income families so I don't at all mind people buying it where they can afford or just wanting to save money :grouphug

Gentle Journey
03-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Just to clarify :) I do get more from selling them through my site, and they are autographed :O, but I understand that they can be purchased for less and I know finances are tight for many of us single income families so I don't at all mind people buying it where they can afford or just wanting to save money :grouphug

Sorry Crystal :blush I tried ordering your workbook from your site last week but it wouldn't let me. I'll try again.

ArmsOfLove
03-20-2006, 09:55 AM
it's okay :)

Somertyme
03-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Oooh, I just bought it on Amazon 2 weeks ago, too! I am so excited, but I just looked at my order status and it says that I won't get it until the end of April :no2. That's really too bad, I'm kind of impatient. If I order it elsewhere will it come sooner?

Senta
03-20-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm saving up for the autographed copy :grin

Gentle Journey
03-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Oooh, I just bought it on Amazon 2 weeks ago, too! I am so excited, but I just looked at my order status and it says that I won't get it until the end of April :no2. That's really too bad, I'm kind of impatient. If I order it elsewhere will it come sooner?

I orderd two weeks ago too and they pushed it back. They wait until the last day they say they'll ship by and then tell you it'll be a few more weeks. They did that for months until I got fed up and cancelled. BP is the only book I've ever had a problem with tough.

QuiltinGramma
03-23-2006, 07:12 AM
I ordered it from half.com before Christmas and had lots of trouble getting. In fact I never did and ended up getting my money back. I then ordered it from Amazon and DD received it with no problems. I think it's just a very high-demand book. :D

Gentle Journey
03-23-2006, 07:16 AM
I ordered it from half.com before Christmas and had lots of trouble getting. In fact I never did and ended up getting my money back. I then ordered it from Amazon and DD received it with no problems. I think it's just a very high-demand book. :D

I agree, high demand. If I don't get it by the end of April, I'll order it from Crystal.

QuiltinGramma
03-23-2006, 01:59 PM
If you haven't received your book by the time they say you'll receive it, you can contact the seller through Half.com If you receive no response from the sellers, contact them again, if still no answer then contact Half.com and lodge a complaint. In my case, the sellers said that I would receive it by ______. _____ came and no book. I wrote them, at 2-3 times and they did not respond. Finally, I wrote a complaint to Half.com still no reply from the sellers. I wrote the sellers again.........finally, I got a reply. In the end, I ended up getting a refund. Now if you haven't heard from the sellers write them. (You do need to look at the information about lodging a complaint first because they give you some guidelines.) I think there is a time limit on how far past the arrival date of the book that you can lodge a complaint.....a window....and after so many days have past there is a cut off date. Just check things out from wherever you order it.

BTW, it is the company...the seller, that is responsible for the late shipments, etc. Amazon & Half.com are just the advertising agents the seller lists with. So the seller.....the clearing house....is the one having the problems. :yes

Gentle Journey
03-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I forgot, I ordered one other book. It never came and they wouldn't repay do amazon refunded me.

QuiltinGramma
03-24-2006, 09:43 AM
I haven't looked at Amazon's return policy. It is probably under Customer Service and see what their requirements are. I know sometimes you just want to :hissyfit

QuiltinGramma
03-24-2006, 09:45 AM
I meant to say refund policy. :doh