PDA

View Full Version : Were using "Gentle Hands" and "You Hit You Sit"

Lantern Light Mama
03-10-2006, 12:36 PM
Oh ladies, I had been nearly at my wits end with DS 1 and his hitting when I saw the post about "gentle hands" and "you hit you sit" and I just want to say thankyou so so so much for giving me the confidence to deal with this! I cant thank you enough.

Now we are still having trouble with DS 1 repeating peoples names over and over until he gets attention. What to do about this?

lumpofclay
03-10-2006, 12:57 PM
How old is he again?

Lantern Light Mama
03-10-2006, 01:00 PM
He's four now. When I meant saying peoples names over and over again to get attention I just want to add that we give me attention and ask what he wants and he just keeps on .

lumpofclay
03-10-2006, 01:19 PM
With ours, it's just been one of those things we've repeated and repeated and repeated. "You only need to say my name once." I've taught them how to respectfully interrupt, when they need to do so. ("Excuse me," said once.) It may help to encourage physical touch. Like, encouraging him to touch your hand as/after he says your name. He may feel "connected" and able to wait and listen.

So he's saying your name over and over, and even when you respond, he keeps saying your name? I just want to make sure I'm hearing you.

Lantern Light Mama
03-10-2006, 01:22 PM
We will say "yes M., What do you need?" and then he'll just say what he wants and then start all over again. :doh