PDA

View Full Version : I felt so sick reading this (need support!)

kimhuai
03-10-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm in the midst of a spanking-antispanking debate on another board I frequent. Sadly, the majority there seem to believe in spanking (I don't of course). I thought of reading up a bit more to understand their viewpoint, but the first site I came across was this one

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0303/spanking.html

and it made me truly sick reading it. Does anyone here know if it's a farce or do people who actually believe and practice such rubbish really exist? I am incredibly disturbed by what I read. I thought James Dobson was bad enough!

BluegrassMama
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM
:hug that website is a farce, but they have plenty of material to work with from Christians who actually do believe some of those things :no2 .

Lantern Light Mama
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM
That is child abuse! :hissyfit

Chris3jam
03-10-2006, 10:07 AM
I think that site is one of those fake sites. I think I've seen it before. . .where they parody all kinds of Christian stuff.

Unlike Landover Baptist, a well-known spoof site from Snopes. . . .from another false story (http://www.snopes.com/religion/plastic.htm)

kimhuai
03-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the prompt responses! I feel much better knowing that that website is a farce. :amen

I posted a really long post on the other board I mentioned, even quoting from some of the great articles here like Lauren Morgan's, but so far those who have decided to spank seem to be digging in their heels... I honestly can't understand it :no2 I'm just praying that their eyes will be opened.

Soliloquy
03-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Yes, that site is definitely satire (in a very sick form). Sadly, it's not that far off from what many believe . . . :cry

canadiyank
03-10-2006, 11:03 AM
This article from Joanne really helped me...I try to think and talk in terms of "effective discipline" now vs. spanking/not, since those are SUCH loaded terms (as you're experiencing). http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=49848.0

Feorsteorra
03-10-2006, 04:50 PM
:hug that website is a farce, but they have plenty of material to work with from Christians who actually do believe some of those things :no2 .

Yeah, I was really getting that sense of it being a total parody, though certainly not a funny one. :no2

mommy2abigail
03-10-2006, 05:40 PM
:sick2

Cindy
03-10-2006, 05:56 PM
The website seems to be promoting this book...

http ://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/0060762055/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/103-7622320-9545454?%5Fencoding=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=283155

luvinmykidz
03-10-2006, 10:04 PM
It is a VERY SICK PARODY :sick2 :mad it says so if you click on their email link...Personally I think the owner of that site is wicked and evil!! Some people have such an evil sense of humor...how can they find any of that CRAP at all funny or interesting??? :sick2

ChristmasGirl
03-11-2006, 01:01 AM
I ran into that article about a year ago and it is truly sickening and disturbing. I was relieved when i figured out it's fake, but sick knowing that some people would probably eat it up and follow it step by step, kwim :sick2 :mad

you know, even if you don't seem to get positive responses from the women you are exchanging on the forum, you'll never know how many people are reading it and being greatly affected by it for the positive! There are people out there searching for support to not spank...i used to be one of them. Also, the manner in which you "speak" online (with grace and humility and maturity) will go a long ways in credibility towards your message :pray

Love_Monkey
03-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Okay, am I the only one who thought "Accept Jesus and get a free playstation!" was funny? :shifty

I hate mocking the Lord but that at least made it obvious it was a joke.

Feorsteorra
03-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Okay, am I the only one who thought "Accept Jesus and get a free playstation!" was funny? :shifty

Yeah, I found that funny too. :shifty The rest wasn't funny, but that was.

Love_Monkey
03-11-2006, 11:37 AM
The rest wasn't funny

Oh, agreed there!

Chris3jam
03-11-2006, 12:45 PM
The whole site is pretty sick. But. . . . you hope people get the point, you know? At how stupid being punitive *really* is.

kimhuai
03-11-2006, 03:34 PM

I never got that far down the page, neither did it occur to me to click any of their links, or I guess I would have discovered it was meant to be a sick joke myself..