PDA

View Full Version : I love Skype

cannuke
03-05-2006, 03:53 PM
I got a Skype account today and talked for an hour (FOR FREE!) with my best friend in the UK. This is gonna save us some serious long distance bills! :dance

Irene
03-05-2006, 04:02 PM
:tu cool. We are still trying to convince our ILs to sign up. Gee, its free, but they wont be convinced because its on the computer! :rolleyes

luvinmykidz
03-05-2006, 05:09 PM
were on skype too....us GCM mamas should talk together, that would be cool.....I have to try to remember my username, I haven't used it in a while???? Whats yours Corie????

cannuke
03-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Judy, you're brilliant! :highfive I'll PM you.

Irene
03-06-2006, 02:40 PM
hey while we are talking about it, I have a question. yesterday we were trying to make a call and it kept saying "connecting..." but it wasnt ringing like usual, then it said "no proxy found" what does that mean?

Maggie
03-07-2006, 04:10 AM
How do you talk on there? Do you type or what?

Chris3jam
03-07-2006, 04:55 AM
Okaaayyy. . . what's Skype? :O

cannuke
03-07-2006, 07:48 AM
hey while we are talking about it, I have a question. yesterday we were trying to make a call and it kept saying "connecting..." but it wasnt ringing like usual, then it said "no proxy found" what does that mean?

Umm, good question. I don't really know. Proxy is usually a computer term, so maybe someone like Punkie would know?

How do you talk on there? Do you type or what?

You talk just like a regular phone, but it's on your computer. It's free for personal use and you need a microphone and either speakers or a headphone set (I used DH's discman headphones :giggle ).

Okaaayyy. . . what's Skype? :O

It's a web-based communications service. Check out www.skype.com :tu