PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on lowering blood pressure naturally

caringmommy
03-05-2006, 11:36 AM
I've been on bp meds since my first pregnancy. I can't stand them. They make me feel awful. So, I'd love some advice on things I can do naturally to help lower it. Nutrition (or maybe self control :O) is a really weak area for me. I'm trying to change the whole attitude about healthy eating for myself and my family. So, I'm now trying to limit/eliminate junk food. I'm now exercising. But, I think I need to add some supplements or something to help. I've read about garlic helping with blood pressure. :shrug I'd love any advice since this is an area I know very little about. I'm nursing so it has to be safe for my dd too.

Cindy
03-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Yes, dump the junk food - especially the refined sugars and starches.

Dietary changes are So hard! :sad2

caringmommy
03-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah, it's hard to break the sugar habit. My bp is at a place where I need to be a little more aggressive. I've just never bought anything except multivitamins before, so I don't even know what to look for. From looking on the web, I can see that garlic, potassium and magnesium are recommended along with some herbs I'm not familiar with at all. Just curious if anyone can give me a good resource for doing some more research on doses etc and obviously what is safe for dd. Thanks!