PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Burt's Bee's Chapstick

cobluegirl
03-04-2006, 03:27 PM
The regular kind? I have been using it for over a year and I love it..but my lips feel weird now...I have had a coldsore like thing just along the line of my lower lip that doesn't go away. You can't see it because my lips are formed just right..lol it does occasionally itch...and lately..my lips feel like they are covered with a dead layer of skin...and are sorta of numb..like maybe they have been burned feeling...not sure how to describe it..
the only thing I can figure is my chapstick..which I hate to change but geeze..this is weird...

Aisling
03-04-2006, 03:33 PM
I use it, and have had what you've experienced before. I think I finally decided it was a pimple (sorry, TMI, but it eventually came to a head :sick). I suspect that clogged pores were the culprit, and made sure to cleanse the skin around my lips well every night. I still use BB :heart, and haven't had it happen again.

I hope you feel better soon! Lip sores are no fun :( :hug

Randi
03-04-2006, 05:10 PM
My friend cannot use the burts bee's (with peppermint oil) in it because it aggravates coldsores and or gives her one.

I'd switch to a different type of chapstick.

Randi

fourbzboysmom
03-04-2006, 05:34 PM
I love BB! I had something similar happen once when I was sick... not the cold sore part, but my lips feeling kind of icky all over... I got a fresh stick of BB just in case my illness caused germs to be in the BB.

Amber
03-04-2006, 05:35 PM
I use it, but haven't had any problems yet. But I haven't been using it for very long yet.

OliveJuice
03-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I use it and love it. Haven't had any problems you describe. I use to use ECO LIPS, and LOVED it, but can't find it where we live now, so I buy BB.

cobluegirl
03-04-2006, 08:59 PM
See I love it and don't want to change..but this is just weird. My lips don't actually hurt..they just feel funny..and it doesn't last..the all over part doesn't..the coldsore type sore doesn't go away but it doesn't get big or pimply and it doesn't usually hurt....

OliveJuice
03-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Well my lips feel funny sort of too, but in my case it is the peppermint oil tingling kwim?

BTW, I LOVE you avie pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

red_head_angel
03-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Usually my lips feel that way before another cold sore is coming on. You may want to try a different chapstick to help heal your blister then go back to the BB. Just remember that the tube you are using could be reinfecting you. You may want to cut a chunk off or buy a new one. Let us know what happens.

righteous mama
03-05-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm a big BB's chapstick user and I've noticed that with last stick my lips feel like they are coated...like when you eat something greasy. It's icky! I just found out that BB's was bought by a large corp...so, it may not be the same BB's as we're used to.

I've used Frontier brand chapstick and it's nice...also Merry Hempsters makes a nice one. I can get a lot of these wholesale...if anyone is interested in a chapstick co-op! (pm me if you are)

TulipMama
03-05-2006, 09:22 PM
I just found out that BB's was bought by a large corp...so, it may not be the same BB's as we're used to.

Oh, no!

LadyBird
03-05-2006, 11:05 PM
I am so addicted to chapstick. I am horrible at picking the dry skin on my lips and wish I could get them to heal and not use chapstick. Maybe I just need to switch to lipstick for a while to discourage messing with them. I love the tingly feeling of BB though. Good stuff. Oh, and now DD wants it all the time. Chapstick or BB's. She calls it "some" because I asked her if she wanted some, and she thinks now that is what it is called. Oh boy, now my daughter is addicted!!!! :rolleyes2

red_head_angel
03-06-2006, 10:33 AM
My boys have to have 'lipstick' too. I have to put it on in secret or they hound me for some. :rolleyes Cute story about your daughter wanting 'some'.

This Busy Mom
03-06-2006, 10:37 AM
What's the ingredient list?

Mrs. Potatohead
03-06-2006, 11:38 AM
I am so addicted to chapstick. I am horrible at picking the dry skin on my lips and wish I could get them to heal and not use chapstick. Maybe I just need to switch to lipstick for a while to discourage messing with them. I love the tingly feeling of BB though. Good stuff. Oh, and now DD wants it all the time. Chapstick or BB's. She calls it "some" because I asked her if she wanted some, and she thinks now that is what it is called. Oh boy, now my daughter is addicted!!!! :rolleyes2

I don't know about the ingredients, but if you love that tingly feel...have you ever tried the Bed Bath & Beyond lip gels? They're really minty. Makes me want to eat my lips! :giggle

cobluegirl
03-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower oil, tocepheryl acetate & tocepherol(vit e), lanolin, peppermint oil, comfory root extract & rosemary extract...

my3babes
03-07-2006, 01:19 PM
I love their chapsticks! Have you tried the new honey one...maybe it wouldnt be as irritating???

cobluegirl
03-07-2006, 10:08 PM
that is a good idea..I bought something yesterday..and I don't like it...

GodisGood
03-07-2006, 10:11 PM
FWIW, I have to change mine every 6 months or so because the just stop being affective.