PDA

View Full Version : urgent... posable hand foot and mouth disease

amstermarie
03-02-2006, 06:48 PM
i posted i thought ds had a canker sore..... i no longer think this.. he now has a mouth full of lesions.. on his gums and on his tongue... i think he has hand foot and mouth disease.. he has no rash on his feet though, but the INTERNET says sometimes they don't get a rash on feet.. but he did have a fever 2-3 days ago.. he is drooling someting awful.... i have read there is nothing that can be done really... just pain management... but i think 1 maybe 2 pg women have been in contact w/ him... should he go to Dr... i don't want a med when i know it will do nothing for him.. i put some canker ease in his mouth... it is supposed to be an numbing thing... but he just freaked out... he is not eating well... but he is eating ice pops and drinking lots of water... pls should i tell the pg women even though i am not certain... but how can all these sores just pop up w/o explation...

holmgirl
03-02-2006, 07:46 PM
I know there are some threads out there that have info on this...sorry I'm not more help! :hugheart

bliss
03-02-2006, 07:53 PM
the name of the virus is Coxackie (sp? Google will correct you if you spell it wrong) and it is a virus, they will not give you any meds for it. It has no effect on pg women (you're thinking fifth's disease) See if he will drink something like pediasure or slim-fast through a straw - is he old enough to show him how to put the straw way back in his mouth so the drink goes mostly down his throat? (Although sores will develop in the throat as well) I get this every time it comes around, and I usually do NOT rash on my hands or feet, there are different strains, just like the flu, with somewhat varying symptom patterns. It should run its course in 14-21 days. Multiple canker sores can also indicate a citrus allergy - I'm allergic to all citrus, pineapple, tomato. . .they will all cause a mouthful of sores on me. Hope I have been any help, this virus sux to the utmost and I feel so bad for any littl'un that gets it. :hugheart

amstermarie
03-02-2006, 08:35 PM
TY bliss... i am going to up my vit C... to try to boost Adams immune system, i really don't want him to get it too... any other ideas ?? extra hand washing i know, i ran out of probiotics... i need to go get more and my pre-natals... should i take silver? i tried to get Ricky to take some vit C he refused :cry.. Silver helps w/ viruses doesn't it... maybe ill pick some more of that up tomorrow..... :bangheadmy shopping list thinking outload prenatal vits, probiotics, purell hand liquid, silver... any other thoughts.... ill try to get tj to take some of the c... but he is a pistol about vits... i would prefer he did not get it either, although he may have already b/c he had a case of diarrhea.. some kids just get that and not other symptoms... if yall can :pray for us id like that TY

cobluegirl
03-02-2006, 09:31 PM
I have used homeopathics for cankersores in the mouth before and it worked really well.

amstermarie
03-02-2006, 09:45 PM
any particular homeopath ? or should i just go to hfs and see what they have.... :bheart he is crying in his sleep again....

cobluegirl
03-02-2006, 10:09 PM
oh man..poor thing. there are several different remedies..for us it was Merc-S.

http://www.abchomeopathy.com/go.php follow the link and you can put in his symptoms and it will tell you the correct remedy.

(((HUGs)))

amstermarie
03-04-2006, 12:37 AM
bliss...... or anyone..... do you know if this virus is worse at night... he can run around all day... but at night he moans and groans... even in his sleep.... just now he was kicking in his sleep. :bheart

bliss
03-04-2006, 11:48 AM
probably just the fact that when you're engaged in other activities you're not focused on the pain - when you're sleeping/trying to go to sleep the body doesn't have anything else to "think about" and the pain comes to the forefront. :hugheart :hugheart :hugheart for your poor little guy!