PDA

View Full Version : Hiding

kris10s
02-28-2006, 11:09 AM
My nearly 20 month old LOVES to hide. We don't play hiding games other than peekaboo, so it's kind of bizarre to me. Now that she can open and close doors, its getting worse. I'll be nursing and she'll leave the room and hide and she stays PERFECTLY still and quiet while I call out for her and look around. I have opened the hall closet, looked inside and not noticed her, she is that quiet. She is never still anytime else! Anyone else have a hider?

kris10s
02-28-2006, 11:09 AM
My nearly 20 month old LOVES to hide. We don't play hiding games other than peekaboo, so it's kind of bizarre to me. Now that she can open and close doors, its getting worse. I'll be nursing and she'll leave the room and hide and she stays PERFECTLY still and quiet while I call out for her and look around. I have opened the hall closet, looked inside and not noticed her, she is that quiet. She is never still anytime else! Anyone else have a hider?

MarynMunchkins
02-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Colin is. I'll find him in the bottom of the linen closet or under a bed. :rolleyes2

MarynMunchkins
02-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Colin is. I'll find him in the bottom of the linen closet or under a bed. :rolleyes2

kris10s
02-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Most of the time, it doesn't bug me, but I wish that she would reveal herself when I say "Kate, please come out!"

kris10s
02-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Most of the time, it doesn't bug me, but I wish that she would reveal herself when I say "Kate, please come out!"

DogwoodMama
02-28-2006, 12:51 PM
We went through that stage too... she grew out of it before too long, now it isn't fun to hide unless there is a big "reveal". :giggle I do remember thinking, "Hmmm... it would be really nice if she *told* me she was going to hide instead of just doing it and then freaking me out when she doesn't answer!" :rolleyes :hug

Maybe you could get your dh to do a lot of "hide n seek" with her over the next week or so and make it more ritualized, or even do it yourself when you are more aware of it- to help cement it in her mind that it is an interactive game. ;)

DogwoodMama
02-28-2006, 12:51 PM
We went through that stage too... she grew out of it before too long, now it isn't fun to hide unless there is a big "reveal". :giggle I do remember thinking, "Hmmm... it would be really nice if she *told* me she was going to hide instead of just doing it and then freaking me out when she doesn't answer!" :rolleyes :hug

Maybe you could get your dh to do a lot of "hide n seek" with her over the next week or so and make it more ritualized, or even do it yourself when you are more aware of it- to help cement it in her mind that it is an interactive game. ;)

MarynMunchkins
02-28-2006, 02:23 PM
I usually bribe him. :shifty "Oh, look - cookies!" or "Hey, who wants to play trains with me?" ;)

MarynMunchkins
02-28-2006, 02:23 PM
I usually bribe him. :shifty "Oh, look - cookies!" or "Hey, who wants to play trains with me?" ;)

lavender mom
02-28-2006, 08:38 PM
DD does this too! She's so little and so quiet, I've "lost" her more than once! This won't help you I'm afraid, but I've found that my 3 y.o. DS is almost always able to find Claire. Either he knows all the best spots, or his mind works more like hers than mine does!

lavender mom
02-28-2006, 08:38 PM
DD does this too! She's so little and so quiet, I've "lost" her more than once! This won't help you I'm afraid, but I've found that my 3 y.o. DS is almost always able to find Claire. Either he knows all the best spots, or his mind works more like hers than mine does!

joyful mama
02-28-2006, 08:41 PM
:giggle

mine does on occassion... i think elizabeths' suggestion is great!!

joyful mama
02-28-2006, 08:41 PM
:giggle

mine does on occassion... i think elizabeths' suggestion is great!!