PDA

View Full Version : What's the scoop on acetamenophen (Tylenol) as an analgesic?

GodChick
02-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Just looking for y'all to share your wisdom. I've heard about not giving Tylenol as an antipyretic (fever-reducer) or for infectious diseases. Anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't give it for teething? I give it to my kids for those few nights when Hyland's teething tablets just aren't cutting it. But I've been wondering if I should avoid it then, too. Any info out there?

GodChick
02-27-2006, 05:41 PM
Just looking for y'all to share your wisdom. I've heard about not giving Tylenol as an antipyretic (fever-reducer) or for infectious diseases. Anyone know of any reason why I shouldn't give it for teething? I give it to my kids for those few nights when Hyland's teething tablets just aren't cutting it. But I've been wondering if I should avoid it then, too. Any info out there?

tiglet
02-27-2006, 06:00 PM
I give it to B on nights when teething tablets don't seem to be helping. And I can tell that the acetaminophen does relieve her pain. I think teething bothers some babies more than others. I've watched some kids in B's daycare sail through all their teeth. And then there's B, and J, who cry and run slight fevers (100-ish) and have diarrhea with each new tooth. :think

She also likes chewing on frozen food - but it's hard to do that and sleep at the same time. :lol

tiglet
02-27-2006, 06:00 PM
I give it to B on nights when teething tablets don't seem to be helping. And I can tell that the acetaminophen does relieve her pain. I think teething bothers some babies more than others. I've watched some kids in B's daycare sail through all their teeth. And then there's B, and J, who cry and run slight fevers (100-ish) and have diarrhea with each new tooth. :think

She also likes chewing on frozen food - but it's hard to do that and sleep at the same time. :lol

cobluegirl
03-01-2006, 02:59 PM
I use it occassionally for pain....but not for fevers....

OliveJuice
03-03-2006, 08:52 PM
I use it occassionally for pain....but not for fevers....

May I ask why not for fevers?? Just curious

cobluegirl
03-03-2006, 09:36 PM
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=16975.0