PDA

View Full Version : question for gluten free Vegans

milkmommy
02-25-2006, 10:38 PM
:giggle Okay forgive me but I've been wondering this for a few days now.DH and I had mexican food went out the other day and I remembered someone (Crystal?) saying that mexican food was a good choice, was I right? but then we started trying to figure out exactly what on the menu full of meat and cheese ect gluten laced dishes :shifty was appropiate. Soo just morbid courousity.. What do you order? Its been bugging me for days.

Deanna

Katiebug
02-25-2006, 11:34 PM
I would guess things with beans, rice and corn :shrug A taco place near here has a vegan gluten free thing that is lettuce, guacamole, black beans and salsa in a corn tortilla. You can usually just get bowls of rice and beans at those places too.

ArmsOfLove
02-26-2006, 12:07 PM
I only go to places that don't have lard in their beans and tortillas and then we eat chips and salsa, tostadas (corn tortillas) with beans, lettuce, salsa and guac (if there is no dairy in it). :)

milkmommy
02-26-2006, 12:29 PM
I only go to places that don't have lard in their beans and tortillas and then we eat chips and salsa, tostadas (corn tortillas) with beans, lettuce, salsa and guac (if there is no dairy in it). :)

Ahh okay that makes sense :doh DH and I for some odd reason were just trying to imangine what and fr some reason I was considering the corn tortillias in the "can't have" catagory the only thing we could think of was the rice and beans but then wondered about how these things were prepared. :giggle There was no reason for wondering it just came up and then we couldn' t leave it alone. :lol.. Well At least I'll know some things I can make for you if you ever come visit :P~

Deanna