PDA

View Full Version : Hyland's Teething tablets- why didn't anyone tell me?

greenskittle
02-25-2006, 10:16 AM
I've read everyone say at one time or another, "have you tried Hylands teething tablets?" But I have never heard anyone say, "Have you tried Hyland's Teething Tablets? They'll change your life." or "They'll make you wish you could give them to her every night!"

If anyone had told me how well they work (better than Motrin or Tylenol or Oragel) I would have never even bothered with the others. She slept through the night even though she's cutting her 4 eye teeth all at once! I'm so glad I thought I'd try them, and it was totally on a whim too. We've been up for 3 hours a night the past few nights and last night was a breath of fresh air!

I'll never be the same ;)

DogwoodMama
02-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Yay! :tu They have been great for us too, I recommend them to everyone, but many people are "scared" to use them and chose Motrin or Tylenol instead which just makes me :rolleyes but anyway.

AmyDoll
02-25-2006, 10:55 AM
I recommended them to a girlfriend and we read the ingredients together and one of the ingredients is "belladonna" AKA Deadly Nightshade. :jawdrop We laughed and laughed about giving our babies Nightshade to help them sleep at night. :giggle

Saphirah
02-25-2006, 11:14 AM
See I'm jealous of everyone who says they work for night time. EVERYTHING I give Joshi for his teeth does not help at night. He still wakes up every two hours. But it's great they work for you. :tu

illinoismommy
02-25-2006, 12:13 PM
I recommended them to a girlfriend and we read the ingredients together and one of the ingredients is "belladonna" AKA Deadly Nightshade. :jawdrop We laughed and laughed about giving our babies Nightshade to help them sleep at night. :giggle

What is nightshade?? :/

Where can you get these teething tablets? I need some!

AmyDoll
02-25-2006, 12:35 PM
From Wikipedia
Belladonna is one of the most toxic plants to be found in the Western hemisphere. Children have been poisoned by as few as three of the berries, and a small leaf thoroughly chewed can be a fatal dose for an adult. The root is often the most toxic part, though this can vary from one specimen to another.
It is a plant that's used in homeopathic remedies for all kinds of stuff. But in overdoses can cause hallucinations and death.
It's very dilute in Hylands Teething Tablets - no worries.

You can find Hylands at GNC, Grocery Stores (our Giant carries them), Drug Stores, Natural Food Stores

Good Luck!

cobluegirl
02-25-2006, 01:08 PM
HEHE glad they worked for you...they work for my sis..I never noticed much difference on my own...lol I think mine were really old though...

Marsha
02-25-2006, 07:02 PM
their base ingredient is lactose. both my daughters are dairy allergic. it made them worse. kinda sad really I was hoping for the knock out drops effect myself.

AmyDoll
02-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Boiron Teething liquid has the same ingredients as Hylands but no lactose ;)

Here's a picture of the box http://www.myhealthcare21.com/BO009/Camilia.html