PDA

View Full Version : I really blew it today!

AmyS
02-24-2006, 01:09 PM
:nak

OK......my blood pressure is finally down. I now need to pick up the pieces and continue. My 2 darling children played mad scientist/tea party today. They emptied the contents of the bathroom closet into a big pot and mixed it all together. 3 hurs later, the fumes are still practically leathal. Untill they added the nail polish remover and the peroxide to the batch, I had NO idea.

I freaked out! The entire lower level of the house was sopping wet. I mean an inch of water/chemical concoction. I threw them into the shower (not very gently), explained that they could haved killed themselves, and yes...I spanked them. Their eyes about popped out!

Now I have to explain to them that what mommy did was wrong but,...I don't want to. They really scared me, ruined a lot of stuff, should have known better.....you get the drift. Mostly I am embarresed that I didn't know how to cope and the last thing I want is to hear, "It's okay mommy, everyone makes mistakes"

:mad :/ :shrug :cry :blush :mad

MarynMunchkins
02-24-2006, 01:27 PM
:hug2 It's hard to stay calm when you're scared and everything is a huge mess.

You don't have to apologize for getting angry. Just for taking it out on them. :)

And everyone makes mistakes. :P That's why there's grace. :heart

lfane
02-24-2006, 03:32 PM
I have to admit that I probably would have done the same thing!

:hug2

hbmamma
02-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I have to admit that I probably would have done the same thing!

:hug2

Yeah same here :blush
Thank God for grace! This could be an excellent teaching tool for your kids about grace. :hug

brown eyed girl
02-24-2006, 04:16 PM
My brothers and I used to do this all the time... just mix things together in a styrofoam cup until we made the cup melt. :mrgreen

Guess what I blew up about yesterday?

See... a few days ago, dh brought in a formerly-brand-new-package-of-baking-soda and wondered aloud if someone had been making volcanos in the sandbox again, and had they asked permission.

then yesterday I couldn't find my BRAND NEW $8 bottle of Bragg's Organic apple cider vinegar.

It was the 9yo. Who should have REALLY known better.

lfane
02-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Guess what I blew up about yesterday?

See... a few days ago, dh brought in a formerly-brand-new-package-of-baking-soda and wondered aloud if someone had been making volcanos in the sandbox again, and had they asked permission.

then yesterday I couldn't find my BRAND NEW $8 bottle of Bragg's Organic apple cider vinegar.

It was the 9yo. Who should have REALLY known better.

:giggle :giggle :giggle

brown eyed girl
02-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Sure, you laugh all you want. :shifty

I made sure to point out to him that under the sink there is a 4 lb container of baking soda and a 1 gallon jug of plain old white vinegar that only cost about $1.50. That organic ACV is medicine and not for the sandbox. :no

lfane
02-24-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm only laughing because I have an almost 9 year old boy.

:jawdrop

AmyS
02-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Well, things have improved. I did manage to sit down with them and explained that they really scared me. I also explained that being scared and angry, mommy made some very poor behavior choices (they liked that). I was able to explain that nobody was perfect yet again. :O.

The best part was the affirmation of natural consequences. At bed time there was no kid toothpaste to use because they had mixed it all up. Instead they had to use mommy's yucky cinnamon tooth paste. Today there is no comfy rug to play on because it is outside beyond repair. These things seem to be more important to them than my temper tantrum could ever have been.

Thank you for your gentle support!

brown eyed girl
02-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Glad you are feeling better about it. :)

Yeah... we all lose it sometimes. Some of us more than others. :hugheart

Have you gotten them to wash the rug off with the waterhose real good, and see if they can fix it good enough to even use in a play area?

Maybe it's time to buy a chemistry set or find a chemistry class to take together. ;)

Did you know that today in Proverbs 25 we found a verse about VINEGAR AND SODA???? the kids were impressed.