PDA

View Full Version : help-how do I deal with his whining and complaining?

Sandollar
02-24-2006, 07:34 AM
My 5 yr old for the past couple of days is whining, complaining, basically being very negative and difficult to be around. He is probably getting a cold so I try to cut him some slack for that but just because you dont feel good doesnt ean you can takeit out on the whole family and make everyone miserable. I have sat with him in the CC and that helps but 5 minutes after he gets out he starts again. I really feel I need to be firm with boundaries but I'm struggling with how to do it?
I really wish there was a GCM show on tv instead of "supernanny", I need to see gbd in action and copy it if you kwim? I need a script or something. What do I say to this? :shrug

Joanne
02-28-2006, 06:46 AM
Are things better now? If it's temporary, or situational, mostly you just have to ride it out.

If it's chronic, that's a different story.

Joanne
02-28-2006, 06:46 AM
Are things better now? If it's temporary, or situational, mostly you just have to ride it out.

If it's chronic, that's a different story.

Sandollar
02-28-2006, 07:54 AM
The complaining and negativity is pretty chronic. The whining is getting better if we tell him how to say it in a normal voice. He will find something negative about anything even a fun time at the park :shrug

Sandollar
02-28-2006, 07:54 AM
The complaining and negativity is pretty chronic. The whining is getting better if we tell him how to say it in a normal voice. He will find something negative about anything even a fun time at the park :shrug