PDA

View Full Version : The Whining!!

Close2MyHeart
02-22-2006, 01:25 PM
DD is champion whiner! I thought the boys were bad w/ their whining, but noooo.... she has them beat by a million!!

Can you remind me what you do about whining? It drives me nuts!! She is 2 1/2, so I know it's age appropriate, but I want to teach her to use something other than a whiny voice. :grin

mommyalisa
02-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Anxiously waiting for replies to this! I've tried not hearing a whiny voice; I've tried saying use your "Bradford voice." Nothing seems to be very effective, perhaps b/c I'm not consistent.

Radosny Matka
02-22-2006, 08:46 PM
:hug2 My ds went through this for the looongest time. At 4-1/2, he doesn't whine much anymore. :phew I started out this way: When he whined (example, "juuiiiiiccce, pleeasse." I would say, "that is a whiny voice. You need to say, "juice please." He would then repeat it correctly. We did for what seemed like forever until he got the hang of it. Once he understood I started saying, "ask again in a normal voice." Again, I did that for what seemed like forever. ;) Finally he got the hang of it and then one day I realized that he wasn't whinig much anymore. I think it was a combination of it all sinking in and age.