PDA

View Full Version : Scripture HELP! for GBD article

4LovesMom
02-22-2006, 07:45 AM
I'm writing a way-too-short article on grace-full discipline for our MOPS newsletter. Talk about an opportunity! What do you think are the best (short) verses to remind us and other moms of God's grace? I'd love the input. I can pick a few, but I think it would be so great to hear any that have especially spoken to other GBD moms. Really, anything you'd like to suggest I'll listen...
Thank you! :grouphug

Wonder Woman
02-22-2006, 07:48 AM
The Fruit of the Spirit is....Gentleness!

How in the world does hitting a child or a baby model that particular fruit of the Spirit? :banghead

TulipMama
02-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Duet 6:4-7

I believe this charge from the Lord, especially considering its context, is one of the foundational ideas/verses in the Bible about parenting and discipling our children. And it definitely speaks to the Get-Off-Your-Buttness of GBD!

And I have found much inspiration for this post by katiekind. The thread isn't quite what you are looking for, but her post is a good resource (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=12722.msg113240#msg113240).