PDA

View Full Version : A GBD win!

wombmate3
02-18-2006, 07:54 PM
I tried to post this yesterday and my computer ate it, so forgive me if it shows up twice!

I have had a road this past 18 months! I have gone from punitive parent of a 2 year old who was completely out of control and a one year old who was having her spirit broken by my constant yelling.....to mum of three kids who 90% of the time benefit from GBD in their lives. We are a much calmer, much more loving, much more connected family.

Anyway, Gabe, who is almost 4 says to me now:
"Mom! I calmed down ALL BY MYSELF! I did a really great job, huh?"
:mrgreen
His biggest issue has always been feelings so big he could not contain them in his little body! I have worked extensively to help him learn how to control and redirect those feelings, and it has paid off BIG TIME! I am so excited to see the pride in his eyes when he tells me he has done it!
Thanks ladies, for giving me the tools, and praise be to God for leading me here in the first place! I just clicked on a RANDOM link at a homeschooling website! :grouphug

slingmamaof4
02-18-2006, 07:57 PM
That is great! If you give them the tools to use to calm down, share, be gentle, be assertive...whatever it may be...they will eventually use them (hopefully anyway!). And it is great to see them really starting to use these skills.

:woohoo Gabe!!!!

UltraMother
02-18-2006, 08:00 PM
:woohoo :praise

mom2threePKs
02-19-2006, 06:40 AM
VERY VERY COOL!!!!!!!

:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

Magan

Radosny Matka
02-19-2006, 07:06 PM
:mrgreen :highfive :tu :woohoo WTG!