PDA

View Full Version : Allergies? Quick Help!

Randi
02-18-2006, 04:30 PM
anyone here know if I have takena 24 hour allergy pill (equvilant of clairiton) if I can take a 12 hour sudafed?

I took a 24 hour allergy pill this am @ 10:00 and was just taking a nap and am choking so much on drainage that I had to get up and now my nose is a running!!

I have taken my flonase (instructed only 1x daily - 2 x in each nostril)

but am needing something else now............

I'll call my doctor on Monday. but for now??? another sudafed?????

Randi

booboo
02-18-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm sorry I don't have an answer, but are there any 24 hour pharmacies near you? You could call and ask to speak to a pharmacist who could answer that.

Hope you feel better soon! :hug2

Singingmom
02-18-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm a little late...did you talk to a pharmacist? I would think it might depend on whether the allergy pill you took was just an antihistamine or if it also had a decongestant. You wouldn't want to double up on the decongestant.

Randi
02-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Would you believe that I went to 2 different stores today (Haggen AND Fred Meyer) and both of their pharmacies were closed at 7! :doh

I had big hopes of being able to talk to someone......but instead have tried to just deal with it and haven't taken any more medicine.

I will probably take a sudafed before going to bed tonight and then try to tough out tomorrow until later for my clariton (and/or maybe go talk to a pharmacist tomorrow).

I've been taking my flonase too..........

I didn't struggle this much last year.........and may just end up going to an allergist to see what really I am allergic too.

Thanks for your help ladies......much appreciated!!
Randi

booboo
02-19-2006, 12:33 PM
How are you feeling today? Better? I hope!

Randi
02-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks for asking, my friend! I felt a TON better today.

I haven't even taking any allergy medicine today - but got to talk to a pharmacist. He said that I can take clairiton AND sudafed if I need to. He also told me that I could take my migraine medicine and clairton/sudafed (another thing I've been worried/battling).

Another thing is we went to Supper Supplements today and got to talk to a certified ND and she helped us so much to figure out some medicines for migraines, good multi-vitamins, etc. So hopefully she'll help us in many ways.

Thanks again for asking!!
Randi