PDA

View Full Version : PCOS?

Michelle-Lea
02-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Has anyone here been diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and what do you do for it? I was taking Glucophage about 3 years ago and just got too freaked out because they said they had to do Liver tests to make sure it didn't hurt my liver and I was like EEK that can't be safe so I stopped. I was just wondering what you ladies that have been diagnosed do naturally for the disease.

caringmommy
02-16-2006, 01:44 PM
I was told I had PCOS when I was in college. I took glucophage for a few months - just long enough to conceive my first child. I haven't done anything else for it. :popcorn I'm also curious if others have any advice.

Mamaka
02-16-2006, 02:18 PM
I have PCOS (dx fall, 1988) though the older I've gotten the less severe it seems to be. I tried glucophage very briefly but the side effects were enough that I quit figuring I'd pick it up at a less stressful time in my life - we ended up getting pg in the meantime & I've never tried it again. For me eating a low carb/smart carb diet really helped. Also a regular exercise program went a long way toward relieving symptoms as well. In the last 2 years, our ND had me taking EPO capsules daily, increased B vitamin, and something called Symplex F which helped regulate my cycles, hormones & ovulation.

Have you checked out some of the internet websites for PCOS? I used to frequent www. soulcysters. com/ (take out spaces) alot - there is a lot of good info there including natural and more traditional treatments.

HTH a little. :hug

Naked Camper
02-16-2006, 02:30 PM
I was diagnosed with PCOS just a few months ago when I switched OB doctors. We had to use Clomid to get pregnant with my son b/c I NEVER ovulated. My Dr. wants to start me on some medication 3 months prior to us trying to get pregnant again. So, the end of next month. My Dr. said I have an atypical type of PCOS. Who knows. I've noticed that I do have to watch my diet to avoid hyperglycemia.