PDA

View Full Version : wedding favors?

Garnet
02-15-2006, 11:26 PM
any crafty ideas? I was thinking of making soap. it looks so cute. but I don't have any recipes, except one for glycerin soap. any ideas?

AKCristyMJ
02-15-2006, 11:56 PM
www.orientaltrading.com has a tona cheap wedding stuff....

As far as crafty....hmmm.....you could make candles and write on them or the glass votive your names.
You could make cookies with your/his initials
You could make a frame
I once went to a wedding where they had comical cartoonish like portraits done of them both and then a cute black/white comic strip bout how they met.
Another wedding had little glasses with edible roses in them...very elegant.

Thats all I got so far lol. :mrgreen :shrug

expatmom
02-16-2006, 01:55 AM
I am confused? :scratch Why are you posting about wedding favours when just a day or so ago you were posting about whether or not this renewal of vows should even be done? :shrug

It sounds like you so much want this to be the perfect wedding with every detail just right. But if the foundation isn't solid & you are not absolutely committed to the marriage vows, the details won't make the wedding & marriage work out.

Sorry, these words are not spoken in criticism at all. I'm just confused on your various postings.

Garnet
02-16-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm confused too. so just ignore me.............

joyful mama
02-16-2006, 05:05 PM
:hug

:nak i do have some ideas if interested :smile

Garnet
02-16-2006, 05:09 PM
i am interested.

AKCristyMJ
02-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Marriage IS confusing, you aren't alone, btdt. :hug
But I'm happy you are focusing on the positive of vow renewal at all. :tu
:pray ing for you

joyful mama
02-16-2006, 07:41 PM
-mini frames for pictures
-for my parents wedding anniversary I stamped an embossed silver image on black paper, placed wrapped buttermints on a silver tray, wrapped it, tied it with a ribbon. It was quite elegant. I ran out of silver trays, so I found cute little silver boxes and filled them with mints, also wrapped it and tied with ribbon
-a small box of chocolates, you can put your names/dates on the box w/fancy lettering
-a cd of your favorite music, (deosnt have to be music played at your wedding)
-they sell those hershey candies w/wrappers you can put your name, date and saying on it here is a sample (http://www.americasbridalshop.com/hershey-wedding-favors.htm)
-Some other wedding favor ideas (http://www.charmingweddings.com/unique-wedding-favors-c-27.html) :tu

:hugs
I hope you get it all sorted out :hug

Garnet
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
I am trying. I am trying to focus on Gods love, grace, mercy, and understanding. I can't believe I went through all I did to fight the good fight for my family, and dh and loose it all.

I haven't gotten to the favors yet. Does anyone have a mint recipe? I like those little chocolate mints you can make in heart shapes, etc.

here is one http://www.angelfire.com/bc/incredible/xA1weddingmints.htm

butterflyqueen71
02-17-2006, 04:57 PM
I am confused? Why are you posting about wedding favours when just a day or so ago you were posting about whether or not this renewal of vows should even be done?
I was thinking the same thing. :shrug

I'm confused too

:yes

That's part of your problem, Kelli. God is not the author of confusion. You have a lot of more important things you need to be sorting out rather than focusing on a ceremony your heart is not in.

joyful mama
02-17-2006, 05:54 PM
:hugheart

Garnet
02-19-2006, 09:12 AM
i did sort it out go check marriage