PDA

View Full Version : 8th Continent Light Soymilk....Boo Hiss!

Singingmom
02-15-2006, 09:55 PM
They put sucralose in it! :mad (artificial sweetener, same as Splenda) There's no mark on the label that says anything about it, either, so I didn't see it until I tasted the aftertaste and read the ingredients list.

Silk Light doesn't do that. Silk even makes an unsweetened one. Don't they realize that soymilk drinkers in general care about their health? :scratch

BornFreeBaby
02-16-2006, 12:07 AM
:no2 No wonder it tasted so bad when I bought it. I threw it out. YUCK! I can't stand that stuff. I don't care to drink the light stuff. But the regular 8th continent soymilk is too sweet for me.. Silk Soymilk has less sugar in it and tastes better to me. I haven't tried the light silk, and I probably won't. I don't see the point in going light at all.

Linnis
02-17-2006, 03:40 AM
I personally like the regular 8th fr breakfast etc, but I can't drink it alone, it's not the greatest, Silk around here only comes realiably in chocolate and the other brands add lactose(where do they come up with that, most soymilk drinkers can't have lactose.) I guess small towners can't be choosie.

Why must they put sugar in the regular or fake sugar in the light...how about none?

BornFreeBaby
02-17-2006, 10:26 AM
I personally like the regular 8th fr breakfast etc, but I can't drink it alone, it's not the greatest, Silk around here only comes realiably in chocolate and the other brands add lactose(where do they come up with that, most soymilk drinkers can't have lactose.) I guess small towners can't be choosie.

Why must they put sugar in the regular or fake sugar in the light...how about none?

:crazy2 I don't think it would taste good without any sugar in it. And people probably wouldn't buy it! :shrug

Punkie
02-17-2006, 11:42 AM
When I make our soymilk, I rarely put anything in it. If anything, I just use a little brown rice syrup. It is doable, although I don't know that it'd work as well in processed soymilk because it has a more.... well, processed :P taste

Linnis
02-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Well I guess they put sugar in it to mimic the natural sugars found in milk.

Punkie
02-17-2006, 01:55 PM
That would make sense :) I think it all depends on what you're going to use it for too :) Sometimes I want a sweet milk, but sometimes I just want something plain.

JoyBear
02-18-2006, 06:02 PM
I used to LOVE vanilla Soy Dream, but they've changed the recipe, and now it's too sweet, and I can't drink it anymore! :sad2 Of course, the box says its "better tasting!" :rolleyes

I've tried the regular vanilla Silk, but it tastes too watery or something -- I don't like it at all! :td So far, I haven't been able to find a soy milk that I like now. :sad2

MamatoBiz
02-18-2006, 06:16 PM
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

I just bought chocolate 8th soymilk a couple days ago and realized this morning that it's Light 8th. I am SO ANNOYED now that I've read this, because honestly I never thought to look on soymilk for artificial sweeteners. I'll have to throw it out and go buy some chocolate silk for dd since she chose choc soymilk for her treat.

It explains why my face has been red and hot, and I've had a headache all day. I felt like I'd had nutrasweet or splenda, but I couldn't think of what I'd eaten that contained it :mad :mad

Singingmom
02-18-2006, 09:22 PM
It explains why my face has been red and hot, and I've had a headache all day. I felt like I'd had nutrasweet or splenda, but I couldn't think of what I'd eaten that contained it :mad :mad

They should be required to have that info on the front of the label. Who would think to check a health food product for that junk, yk?