PDA

View Full Version : Gummy vitamins?

PurpleButterfly
02-09-2006, 09:15 PM
We have been using the L'il Critters Echinacea and Vita C gummy bears, and both ds and dh loooove them. I'd love to switch to a gummy multi-vitamin w/minerals, but can't find any with whole food base or supplements included (like veggie and fruit extracts). We've been using Rainbow Light NutriStars for a long time, but the last three bottles I bought have all started to go bad before we can use them up (and with expiration dates well into 2007), and I'm tired of having to ship back/return/exchange/etc. :td

Can you recommend any gummy vita brands, please? :-)

cobluegirl
02-09-2006, 09:33 PM
hmm...why are they going bad? how do you know if they are going bad? I usually buy one bottle of vits for all my three so we go through fast enough not to spoil..hehe..
Why are you looking at the gummy ones as opposed to the other kinds??

PurpleButterfly
02-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I want gummies because that's what Nemo is requesting now. Plus it's the only way dh will take vitas. :O :giggle

The NutriStars get dark spots on them, like they've been exposed to moisture or something, even tho the bottle is well sealed, stored in a cool, dark place, and has the little preservative pouch as usual. They also crumble really easily and don't taste as good. Nemo does not like them anymore and I don't blame him. :shrug

cobluegirl
02-09-2006, 09:47 PM
ugh...I think we currently have the GummiBear (is that a brand...sigh..I can't remember...)

Mothering by Heart
02-09-2006, 09:49 PM
I know TJ's has a brand but they are probably pretty basic. Costco carries them too. Let me look into that.

Okay. Nevermind. Costco carries the Lil Critters. Cool they have calcium though, too. I didn't know that. :D

jujubnme
02-09-2006, 09:57 PM
I know TJ's has a brand but they are probably pretty basic. Costco carries them too. Let me look into that.

Okay. Nevermind. Costco carries the Lil Critters. Cool they have calcium though, too. I didn't know that. :D

:yes Those are the two brands we've bought too.

PurpleButterfly
02-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Costco carries the Lil Critters. Cool they have calcium though, too. I didn't know that. :D

Thanks so much for checking! We bought the L'il Critters Calcium Sour Bears and Nemo asks for them every day! They are really good and quite reasonable! :-)

Still searching for the ultimate gummy vita..... :walk

Piper2
02-10-2006, 08:28 AM
We just use the Lil' Critters regular multi vitamins right now, mainly because that's the only kind I can easily find without food coloring (Kevin calls them "tummy gummies" ;)). I bought my last bottle at Sam's, but I've also seen them at Wal-Mart and Kroger.

Piper2
02-10-2006, 08:28 AM
We just use the Lil' Critters regular multi vitamins right now, mainly because that's the only kind I can easily find without food coloring (Kevin calls them "tummy gummies" ;)). I bought my last bottle at Sam's, but I've also seen them at Wal-Mart and Kroger.

JessicaTX
02-10-2006, 09:18 AM
I use the lil critters echinacea and vitamin C bears right now, and sour gummy worms for daily vitamins (except I'm out, so I can't check the brand name)

In the past I've tried Rhino brand ones, my kids liked those ok, but they got hard to find in my area.

I can't remember the name of the others I've tried, I think it was phytobears or Vitabears? Although I dunno if that counted as a vitamin, it was made with all plant materials and supposedly had a full days serving of fruits and vegetables in it or something, but it was 27 dollars a box, I couldn't afford that habit =)

JessicaTX
02-10-2006, 09:18 AM
I use the lil critters echinacea and vitamin C bears right now, and sour gummy worms for daily vitamins (except I'm out, so I can't check the brand name)

In the past I've tried Rhino brand ones, my kids liked those ok, but they got hard to find in my area.

I can't remember the name of the others I've tried, I think it was phytobears or Vitabears? Although I dunno if that counted as a vitamin, it was made with all plant materials and supposedly had a full days serving of fruits and vegetables in it or something, but it was 27 dollars a box, I couldn't afford that habit =)