PDA

View Full Version : all alone?

illinoismommy
02-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Do you ever just feel like the only parent that doesn't spank? I so feel that way. And what is with the attitude that toddlers are evil minions that we need to make submit? :td I have a friend who is very much into his view because she was raised by really strict and physical parents who always talked about quelching rebellion. She doesn't have any kids yet and talks to me a lot about parenting, but I don't think she likes what she hears.... what can I do to convince her toddlers are not rebellious?? :banghead

MarynMunchkins
02-09-2006, 06:01 PM
I think that's why most of us are here. :grouphug

I try to let my actions speak louder than words. I'm responsible for my behavior - and I make sure I treat my children kindly. :)

illinoismommy
02-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey! You have a new pregnancy ticker! Exciting! :highfive

MarynMunchkins
02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks! :mrgreen Now if I could just make it through fixing a meal without wanting to wretch...:sick

hsgbdmama
02-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Demonstrate with your actions, and follow up with your words. Pray for the right words to say -- for me, the way I explain it is that what we were doing wasn't working anymore, and that I was led to GBD through prayer. And if the circumstances seem right, explain that you have chosen to view your children as people -- God's creations, to be nurtured and guided -- rather than "little minions" (and besides, where in Scripture are children referred to as that :shrug ) who need to be battled with. Frankly, I'd rather enjoy my children than fight with them all day! :tu :grin

Cindy
02-09-2006, 07:02 PM
:can

I'm willing to share! :mrgreen

lovinmama
02-09-2006, 11:14 PM
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't spank too, at least where I live. I feel very strongly that I am making the right choice, but I hate having to defend my choices all the time, yk? I've gotten to the point where I choose my verbal debates and just lead by example. MarynMunchkins said it great! I'm responsible for my behavior and I am choosing to treat my children kindly! :rockon