PDA

View Full Version : Ready to begin give me tips

milkmommy
02-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Okay my new veggie life style has been on hold :O for lack of funds but thats not true anymore. So give me some stuff ideas to get for my shopping list. I'll have $150 to spend that needs to last two weeks and I will need to get some meat items ect for DH and DD. Ideas welcomed.

Deanna

fancifulfrog
02-08-2006, 09:29 AM
Dry lentils are a great staple. Lots of soups stews chilis oh and my personal fave ezekiel bread.

Singingmom
02-08-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm not fully veggie, but I'll share one anyway and come back for ideas ... Mexican dishes with black beans instead of meat are one of my favorites...taco salads, burritos, layered salads with chips, tacos (mix your seasonings with refried beans and black beans). Cheap, too! :)

ShangriLewis
02-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Add beans to whatever your dh is eating. Just make it more buffet style. Bean burritos, taco or cesar salad etc. Try not to make two of everything. If you don't mind food in the same pan you can make ahalf a pan of vegetarian enchiladas and a half of meat. You can make spaghetti and then a few pieces of baked chicken on the side. If you make hamburgers just use a veggie burger or my favorite are those riblets. I love making a sandwhich with those and top it with coleslaw.