PDA

View Full Version : Our issues

Gentle Journey
02-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Me and DD both have horrible mood swings, I'm guessing sugar. DS has respritory problems, he's already had pneumonia twice, croup 2 or 3 times and more colds than I could ever count. I heard milk can cause that. I have PPD. What should we be adding or restricting from our diet?

godsgracegiven
02-07-2006, 02:20 PM
dd and I were having some bad mood swings too. So started eating less sugar and adding protein to every meal. That has really helped for us. Moods swings could also be a sign of food allergies. I dunno if milk could cause respiratory problems but I know that is causes excess phlem, so eliminating it while he is sick is a good idea. ((hugs)) HTH. :)

Gentle Journey
02-07-2006, 11:24 PM
I've read milk can cause respritory problems and remving it from your diet often helps asthmatics. What else should I remove that DD might be allergic to?

godsgracegiven
02-08-2006, 12:05 PM
gluten, food dyes, anything she seems to have a mood swing with after eating. For my dd it was more that she needed protein with her meals vs. food allergies. Like if she has only cereal for breakfast, eventhough I added milk, that sets her up for moodswings for the rest the day. :( I never give her sugar unless I know she has had a good amount of protein. I think some mom's start a food journal to track triggers. that could be helpful. Anyways, hoping that helps a little, ITU. With my oldest it is food allergies and my youngest it is blood sugar issues, mapping it all out is the fun part. But worth it. :hug

Gentle Journey
02-08-2006, 02:17 PM
gluten, food dyes, anything she seems to have a mood swing with after eating. For my dd it was more that she needed protein with her meals vs. food allergies. Like if she has only cereal for breakfast, eventhough I added milk, that sets her up for moodswings for the rest the day. :( I never give her sugar unless I know she has had a good amount of protein. I think some mom's start a food journal to track triggers. that could be helpful. Anyways, hoping that helps a little, ITU. With my oldest it is food allergies and my youngest it is blood sugar issues, mapping it all out is the fun part. But worth it. :hug

Thanks, I think a food journal is a good idea. Today's problem stemmed from a choclate chip cookie. She freaked, tore the slip cover of the couch and talked to me with a very cross look and very rude voice. I borrowd sugar busters for kids, time I get serious I think.