PDA

View Full Version : A Praise!! (yes, this does belong here)

Close2MyHeart
02-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Well, it's been a year since we've been doing GBD. Matt and I were talking about it the other night & I realized that my kiddos have only been spanked 3 or 4 times (between all 3 of them, not each!) since discovering GBD a year ago. those spankings were in moments of exhaustion, depression, anxiety & weakness in me and when I thought about them later I realized how I could have handled the situation differently and handled it that way the next time it arose.

I have to say that I was a skeptic at first... having been raised to belive that spanking was the only way to raise a child. But something drove me to try it (I say the Lord did! :tu ) & my family is blessed because of it. My children are not perfect in anyway, but why would I want them to be clones? They are learning and growing & the best thing is they aren't afraid of me. They respect me, but not because they are scared of a spanking, but rather because I am Mom. They know that if I ask them to do something it will get done & the majority of the time it isn't much of a battle anymore. Sometimes I need to reitterate that I mean what I say, but never w/ physical force.

I'm not perfect either...Somedays I still feel like pulling my hair out and I still have a lot to learn It's a journey as we hit new stages w/ each of the children, but I'm happy to have discovered GBD. Like I said, we are very blessed & our house is much more peaceful than it was a year ago.

expatmom
02-07-2006, 07:31 AM
:tu

MarynMunchkins
02-07-2006, 08:20 AM
:jump2 :congrats :jump2

You know, this has been a stressful year for y'all too. Think of how you would have handled all the emotional stress and exhaustion before...:hug

ArmsOfLove
02-07-2006, 11:04 AM
thank you for sharing such a wonderful praise :hug What a beautiful testimony and how awesome for your family!

RealLifeMama
02-07-2006, 11:06 AM
:highfive

mamaKristin
02-07-2006, 12:21 PM
:woohoo :praise That's just awesome. Thanks for sharing!

SarahsMommy
02-07-2006, 02:28 PM
:rockon

RosieTook
02-07-2006, 03:41 PM
:woohoo

Heather Micaela
02-07-2006, 03:55 PM
You give me such hope! It will be a year in june that I was 100% on board w/ GBD (though I began a bit earlier)

Radosny Matka
02-07-2006, 07:11 PM
:rockon :highfive :tu :jump2 :dance