PDA

View Full Version : exzema

geegee
02-06-2006, 03:20 PM
ladies,I have extremely sensitive skin and have recently broke out with exzema.I dont really know why or what can clear this up naturally so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :heart

Mama Rophe
02-06-2006, 03:26 PM
I know that chamomile is really good for exzema. We have Badger Baby Balm. It really works on ds. We also use healing balm from rodco.com.

slingmamaof4
02-06-2006, 04:14 PM
This isn't necessarily natural, but it is much better than going on meds for exzema. Eucerin cream works to keep it from getting worse and can help it get better as well.

cobluegirl
02-06-2006, 08:47 PM
how is your oil intake?? If you aren't taking any I would take some cod liver oil or fish oil. If you are veg. then flax and borage oil are good Essentially Fatty Acids (EFA'S)....EFA's are essential to health skin. Also you might check out the allergy forum for other "eczema" threads. There is a lot of threads on this topic. Chlorine isn't good on skin either..so if you have a shower filter in the shower would be good....

GodChick
02-07-2006, 11:17 AM
My DD2 has eczema, and what helped her a LOT was evening primrose oil. It comes in capsules, and I just poke them with a pin and rub the oil on her skin. Since you're an adult, you could also swallow the capsules. They have the right fatty acids to help the skin repair itself.

What I did for my DD2 was:
Colloidal oatmeal baths (Aveeno makes one that is just oatmeal with no petroleum-based mineral oil added . . . it's the regular bath, not the baby one.) to keep the water from drying out her skin. The colloidal oatmeal with cleanse the skin w/o the use of soaps.
Evening primroise oil rubbed on her skin. (Found it in the vitamin section of the health food store)
And I also used the Aveeno skin soothing cream--it's a cream, not a lotion. This one's not all natural, though--it contains mineral oil and such--but it did help.
She's too little to take the EPO herself, but I took them, and she nurses, so she probably got a little bit that way.

Her eczema cleared up after just a few days of doing this. :tu

Of all those things, what helped the most was rubbing the EPO on her skin. Now, whenever she starts to get a flare-up, I just rub the EPO on without the other stuff, and it nips it in the bud. HTH!!

cobluegirl
02-09-2006, 10:06 PM
We also use extra virgin coconut oil topically....works well...