PDA

View Full Version : On coming ear infection?

Thia
02-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Details: 13 weeks pg. I had a cold all last week and while it's mostly gone, I do have a cough. I felt pretty good yesterday, oh rejoice, but woke up this morning with what felt like fluid in my left ear. It itched and almost hurt. It went away eventually. Took a two hour nap and woke up with both ears like that. Popped a couple of tylenol, made mint tea and praying, but what else can I do? Keep in mind the only natural/crumchy store in this area closed last week, so it has to be something common. I really hope I don't have to go back to the dr and get put on antis b/c I just finished a seven day yeast infection treatment and I don't want to do that again!

DogwoodMama
02-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Well, as long as you know that your eardrum is not perforated (unlikely at this point) you could always try expressing some BM and using a little syringe to gently drop some in and let it run down in there. I hope you're wrong and it's not that! :hugheart (bad memories of ear infection last year *shudder*)

cobluegirl
02-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Also you could make some garlic oil and place it in the ear. It will help with the pain and the infection. If you eardrum is preforated..you will be oozing stuff.

Thia
02-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Thankfully, I feel better today. Thanks though.