PDA

View Full Version : wedding centerpieces?

Garnet
02-03-2006, 08:08 PM
what are the best wedding centerpieces you've seen? I'm thinking this, my dress is probably going to be ivory. my bridesmaids are probably going to be in petal pink. unless i can find a rosier color somewhere. so my tables will have white cloths, and a strip of ivory, pink and maybe a gold color wide ribbon runnign down the middle of them. then there will be tea lights, or small pillar candles

now which do you like better a rose or two in coordinating colors in bud vases spaced out so there are three vases per table

or a large centerpiece of flowers in the middle of the table and scattered blooms down the sides?

and are fresh flowers nessacary? or can I use fake for the arrangements and fresh for the bouquet?

LadybugSam
02-04-2006, 01:57 AM
well i thought that mine were the best wedding centerpeices i've ever seen but its a lot different than what you're planning

I got some wide bowls at walmart shaped kind of like this, and filled with water

/,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.\
(__________)

in the bottom were polished rocks (rose colored glass pebbles or beads would be nice in your case) and i had floating candles in the water (mine were white

circled around the bottom was a ring of ivy, (although a rose, or twig wreath would also look nice)

I think it turned out absolutely perfect for my wedding (which was kind of outdoorsy)

Garnet
02-04-2006, 10:17 AM
see ,y wedding is being held in park like settings, but inside a temperature controlled room with glass walls. there's two lakes and a fountain and rolling fields out there. anyway, it will be inthe evening so it will be formal.

Can Dance
02-04-2006, 11:06 AM
you could also do a potted plant for a center piece. or a potted flowers. potted flowers are relatively cheap if you brighten them up with a ribbon or something and people can take them home when they are done.