PDA

View Full Version : Anybody knit Babylegs?

Katydid
02-03-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm seeing all these threads on those adorable babylegs and I was wondering if anyone has tried knitting some? I just can't bring myself to pay that much for something that looks so easy to knit myself! :shrug Or, could anyone who has them give me some measurements on them? :think I need a new project while I'm waiting for this baby to come! ;)

UltraMother
02-03-2006, 07:18 PM
No, my babies came with their own legs. :lol

Sorry!
There are lots of threads about knitting soakers and diaper covers. Here's one to get you started. http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=38362.0
If you use any internet search engine, you'll come up with even more!

Katydid
02-04-2006, 07:21 AM
No, my babies came with their own legs. :lol

:doh :giggle

Well, I meant those baby leg-warmers that people have been raving about, not diaper covers...... they are found here: www.babylegs.com

anybody? :popcorn

UltraMother
02-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh, I see. That link doesn't work for me, but I found them at babylegs.net instead. Let me put this question to my knitting forum and I'll see what they come up with. :)

abbiroads
02-04-2006, 07:47 PM
I'd like a pattern too. My oma (ds's great grandma) would love to have something so simple to knit for our new baby.

TheSweetLife
02-04-2006, 11:02 PM
I have some babylegs for dd (thanks, greenemama :heart)

They are 11 1/2 inches long (not stretched out)

3 3/8 inches wide at main part (this is with them lying flat and measuring the width)

2 1/2 inches wide at cuffs on top and bottom (there is some sort of elasticy type knit cuff to it so they stay up)

HTH

mommy2abigail
02-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Well, I can knit, and my dh would kill me if I bought 'leg warmers' for dd, :giggle so I made some up...I just found an old pair of my socks, they were the dressy kind, but 100% cotton, not the thin polyester kind kwim? Put them on dd, and voila! Baby legs! I put some non-slip socks over her feet, but I could have just cut the sock (my sock) so that she would be barefoot. The socks I used were mid-length, they come up to my mid-calf on me, so they were long enough for dd's whole leg, and they were tight enough on her thighs to stay on. I have pictures, I see if dh will help me post some (I'm computer illiterate :O)

UltraMother
02-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Here's what I've got so far. :)

http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51618