PDA

View Full Version : Does your skin hurt and your teeth ache when you are sick?

Lady TS
02-03-2006, 06:33 AM
Maybe I am weird, but it seems like before I get sick my skin hurts. Kinda like prickles and real deep. Doesn't look any different that I can tell, but it hurts! And my teeth ache too.

I'm in the midst of a nasty cold right now and lacking sleep due to dd's nursing strike.....please forgive me if I'm sounding a bit :crazy :lol

Does anyone else's skin and teeth do this? Or am I just weird?

Chris3jam
02-03-2006, 08:54 AM
You're just weird. (Just kidding!)

No, I know what you mean. And I remember going to the doc. once and I was sooo hesitant to say it, but I told him that my teeth itched. He said that was normal for sinus problems, and that I probably had an infection. I did. And my teeth will really hurt, too. I've lost two teeth (one a wisdom tooth) to sinus infections. .the infection moves down.

My skin will definitely do that.

:D

Bonnie
02-03-2006, 09:38 AM
It's so hard to describe to people!!! I totally understand. Both the teeth and the skin. If my sinuses are messed up, my whole mouth will ache, and wow, I never thought of the teeth as itching, but that's it! And my skin, when I have an achy illness like a bad cold or a flu, will feel all taut and "touchy" like I have a high fever but without the heat. Ugh.

Beyond Blessed
02-03-2006, 09:58 AM
I never understood this before ds2. He has never tolerated being touched when he's sick. All a mommy wants to do is soothe her baby...rub his back, stroke his forehead - and he would scream and pull away from me. :sad2 I thought it was just him. :shifty So I'm actually glad to see this post.

Mothering by Heart
02-03-2006, 10:06 AM
:yes My dh thinks I'm weird when I try to describe it.

sarahtar
02-05-2006, 05:58 AM
In some people - like me - the sinuses actually rest on the teeth. My dental xrays show my sinus cavities as mushing down on top of and in between the roots of my top teeth. One visit, my dentist asked if my teeth hurt when I'm sick (they do) and explained that that's why. They get pressure from the inflamed sinuses. So that explains that one at least!