PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Remedy question

Amber
02-02-2006, 07:30 PM
I was wondering if Rescue Remedy is safe to use while pregnant/nursing? Also I see the adult dose on the package, but how much do I give to my ds who is 19mo and 26 lbs? TIA

Beyond Blessed
02-03-2006, 12:10 PM
I saw this mentioned for depression. Is it also for energy? I'm interested in finding out if it's okay while nursing as well. :popcorn

Mama Rophe
02-03-2006, 12:47 PM
As far as I know Rescue Remedy is safe to use while preg. and breastfeeding. If you are worried about the alcohol content you can boil it out. I don't worry about it because there is such a small amout. According to "Bach Flower Remedies for Children" use should start before birth, particularly duing the last few months of preg. Rescue Remedy can greatly benefit both the mother and child by alleviating tension and fear. Various other flowers are helpful during preg: Scleranthus for nausea; Crab allle for fear of dirt, bacteria, or blood; Mimulus is the mere idea of a birthing room in frightening; Olive if the preg is particularly exhausting or the mother is over worked. Rescue Remedy is good to take right after birth for both baby and mama.

Ingredients of Rescue Remedy: Clematis-used to treat inattentiveness, sleepiness, and susceptibility to fainting; Hornbeam- used to treat fear of failure, a chronic feeling of being overwhelmed, groundless pessimism, and frustration; Rock Rose- used for emergfencies, panic and shock; Scleranthus- indecisiveness, inconsistency, instability, inner turmoil, erratic and unreliable behavior, lack of concentration; Star of Bethlehem- used to treat unhappines, grief, nightmares, shock, excessive need for comfort and injuries.

In my opinion Olive would be the best one to use for energy.

Beyond Blessed
02-03-2006, 01:47 PM
can you take rescue remedy and olive at the same time? where do I find this stuff?

:nak

Mama Rophe
02-03-2006, 06:05 PM
You can take as many together as you want. However most people suggest not more than 7 at one time. I usually don't take them as is. I put 4-6 drops of each into a large glass of water and take them that way. I forgot to tell you, for your dc just give him half of the adult dose. With children I always make sure to put it in water and have them drink the water. You don't have to drink it all at once. Some people recommend to sip it troughout the day. For an emergency you can take it straight out of the bottle. If you do not want to take it directly in your mouth you can always rub a few drops on your lips.

ETA: I get mine from either my health food store or my pharmacy(it's pretty natural minded :tu)

Beyond Blessed
02-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks so much for the information Laura!

Naked Camper
02-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I used Rescue Remedy for several months while I was pregnant because I was having problems with restless legs. I couldn't have survived without it! If you're uncomfortable giving it to your baby, you could use Herbs For Kids Valerian Super Calm. I've had a lot of success with that too!