PDA

View Full Version : gonna make a healthy eating chart...

LadybugSam
02-02-2006, 11:01 AM
I've finally got fed up with my lifestyle and am trying to eat better, nto just to lose weight but to be healthier and also to start avoiding sugary foods

When i was pregnant i had a checklist of whether or not i'd eaten enough vegies or fruits etc, i could plan my diner and see, if i have this for diner, i'm going to need to eat more fruit during the day. I wanted to do that again, although this time i think i'm gonna make some improvements.

This time at the top i'm going to have a list of what constitutes as a serving, and i will also make a note of what a serving shoudl look like (one serving of cheese looks like 3 dice)

I'm also going to be making one for Caleb, which will have to be different from mine because he's 2 :)

when i get done i'll share my chart with you ladies in case you wanted to use it, of coarse its gonna be at least a week because i don't have Word on my computer which means i have to make it at someone else's house

Chris3jam
02-02-2006, 06:04 PM
:popcorn

(waiting for the chart :grin)

Reva
02-03-2006, 07:26 AM
:popcorn :grin

cobluegirl
02-03-2006, 07:47 PM
That would be cool. Dh wants me to figure out what all the things we eat are and what their calories are and what he shoudl be eating...sigh...not sure I will get that done...lol

Happygrl
02-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I have something similar (would be happy to share it, if anyone wants to see it). I have little cliparts to count each for f/v, water, dairy (those are weekly). I then have cliparts for exercise (every 1000 steps I take, 5 min increments for weights, etc.) that go for weekly. I keep it in a plastic cover so I can use a dry-erase marker on it. Definitely keeps me focused!!

I've also just started, but not quite finished, one for DD. I'm not always very good at making sure to offer her a variety of foods every day. We tend to get stuck on carbs one day, f/v the next, etc. Her's will be weekly. Would be happy to share that one too.

Happygrl
02-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I have something similar (would be happy to share it, if anyone wants to see it). I have little cliparts to count each for f/v, water, dairy (those are weekly). I then have cliparts for exercise (every 1000 steps I take, 5 min increments for weights, etc.) that go for weekly. I keep it in a plastic cover so I can use a dry-erase marker on it. Definitely keeps me focused!!

I've also just started, but not quite finished, one for DD. I'm not always very good at making sure to offer her a variety of foods every day. We tend to get stuck on carbs one day, f/v the next, etc. Her's will be weekly. Would be happy to share that one too.

Teribear
02-10-2006, 07:37 PM
If you go on the new food pyramid site they have an awesome chart that has all this stuff already on it. Lemme go find the link.

http://www.foodpyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx

you enter your weight, gender and activity level and it gives you a worksheet like this:

http://www.foodpyramid.gov/downloads/worksheets/Worksheet_1800_18.pdf

You can also do it for your kiddos.

Love IT!

Teribear
02-10-2006, 07:37 PM
If you go on the new food pyramid site they have an awesome chart that has all this stuff already on it. Lemme go find the link.

http://www.foodpyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx

you enter your weight, gender and activity level and it gives you a worksheet like this:

http://www.foodpyramid.gov/downloads/worksheets/Worksheet_1800_18.pdf

You can also do it for your kiddos.

Love IT!

cobluegirl
02-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Here is a Nourishing Traditions food pyramid..........

NT food pyramid:

1. Lots of fresh, local, organic produce (greens, veggies, fruit, etc.)

2. Lots of fermented veggies

2. Moderate amounts of local, organic, grass-fed meats (beef, poultry, etc.)

3. Moderate amounts of local, organic, grass-fed, raw dairy (yogurt, kefir, cheeses, etc.)

4. Moderate amounts of raw, unheated oils (butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc.)

5. Moderate to small amounts of soaked/sprouted grains and flours.

6. Small amounts of raw, unheated sweeteners (local honey, maple syrup, etc.)

7. If you must, very small amounts of "junk food".

cobluegirl
02-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Here is a Nourishing Traditions food pyramid..........

NT food pyramid:

1. Lots of fresh, local, organic produce (greens, veggies, fruit, etc.)

2. Lots of fermented veggies

2. Moderate amounts of local, organic, grass-fed meats (beef, poultry, etc.)

3. Moderate amounts of local, organic, grass-fed, raw dairy (yogurt, kefir, cheeses, etc.)

4. Moderate amounts of raw, unheated oils (butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc.)

5. Moderate to small amounts of soaked/sprouted grains and flours.

6. Small amounts of raw, unheated sweeteners (local honey, maple syrup, etc.)

7. If you must, very small amounts of "junk food".

MamatoBiz
02-10-2006, 11:34 PM
I followed the link Terri posted and I'm feeling inspired. At work we're having a weight-loss contest (I know, I know) and everyone is putting in 25 dollars and whoever loses the most in three months claims the pot. I'm going to go for it because a) I need money badly and 2) the need is good motivation to start something I need to do anyway. Anyhow, I found this page which I found VERY interesting. I have never been in favor of fat-free options anyway, because they taste like ick.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/lose_wt/fat_free.htm

MamatoBiz
02-10-2006, 11:34 PM
I followed the link Terri posted and I'm feeling inspired. At work we're having a weight-loss contest (I know, I know) and everyone is putting in 25 dollars and whoever loses the most in three months claims the pot. I'm going to go for it because a) I need money badly and 2) the need is good motivation to start something I need to do anyway. Anyhow, I found this page which I found VERY interesting. I have never been in favor of fat-free options anyway, because they taste like ick.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/obesity/lose_wt/fat_free.htm

cobluegirl
02-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Sally Fallon, the author that wrote Nourishing Traditions also wrote Eat Fat Lose Fat...talks about good fats....our low fat/no fat society has created a even more obese society.

cobluegirl
02-10-2006, 11:44 PM
Sally Fallon, the author that wrote Nourishing Traditions also wrote Eat Fat Lose Fat...talks about good fats....our low fat/no fat society has created a even more obese society.