PDA

View Full Version : My entire lower jaw is mercury-free!!

Aerynne
02-01-2006, 04:39 PM
So now I just have to get the upper one done. I had it done safely, with a rubber dam and everything.

For those who've had mercury fillings taken out, did you notice a difference once they were all gone? (Obviously I'm not expecting any changes yet, but wondering what to look forward to)

AKCristyMJ
02-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Oh I'd love to have mine done. :cry
How much did it $$$? and how lond did it take??
Did/would insurance cover this??

Aerynne
02-01-2006, 06:40 PM
I had three fillings removed. It only took an hour. I still have four to go on top. The total cost was about $500 but I only had to pay $145 because of insurance. Insurance covers it because it is billed as fillings, which they cover. Mine cover it at 80%. I have Metlife. How much each filling costs depends on how many surfaces of the tooth the filling includes- 1, 2, or 3.

Just make sure that the dentist you go to does it safely. I'm paying a little more to have it done safely. My dentist said patients really don't absorb any mercury when they do it safely, so he's not worried about me nursing dd.

AKCristyMJ
02-01-2006, 06:59 PM
I have 8 large fillings. :sad2

I'd not wanna try this while pg but one day certainly I'd love them removed.....what is it replaced with??

I knoooow our insurance wouldn;t cover it, and knowing my State it's probably more $$ . :(
Ugh.

Aerynne
02-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Does your insurance cover fillings? Because fillings often just need to be replaced anyway. ;)

It might be more money.

It is replaced with composite, which is metal-free and tooth-colored, so it looks better, too.

Having my fillings replaced was easier and less time-consuming than I expected.