PDA

View Full Version : Ink pen exploded in dryer!

MagnoliaMommy
01-30-2006, 02:03 PM
My dh left an ink pen in his pants pocket several weeks ago and it exploded in the dryer. Thankfully, it only ruined a few pieces of clothing at the time. I thought the disaster was over and done with until I kept pulling things out of the dryer with blue spots on them. I originally blamed it on dh who likes to throw the laundry in the washer without letting the detergent disolve first...which also happens to be tinted blue. Actually, he sometimes just pours the detergent over the clothes.

I switched detergents to All Free and Clear and thought that would be the end to our blue problem. I did laundry today and as I was folding them was horrified to find blue spots all over everything!!!! Ds' brand new white turtleneck, my undies :O, socks, aaaaahhhhh! After a little brainstorming, I realized it is the blasted blue ink that is ruining our clothes! :doh :banghead

I went down and checked out the dryer and the interior is coated in blue ink. :sad2 I am guessing that the heat is causing it to rub off on our clothes. What do I do? What will remove ink? Will I need a new dryer? :nails

Cheyenne
01-30-2006, 02:07 PM
I wonder if you can use the Magic Eraser. :think

Mamaka
01-30-2006, 08:03 PM
I've heard hairspray (not tried this personally) will work well for this. Be sure the dryer is cool, spray hairspray directly on the dryer and wipe with a paper towel or rag. You'll probably want to then wipe again with a wet rag to remove any hairspray residue. Also you dryer might still have a blue tint to it but it shouldn't come off on your clothes

Hope this works for you.

holmgirl
01-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Definately the hair spray trick works on pen stains on clothes...and the cheaper the hair spray the better. I have used it to get rid of pen on walls too. The Magic Eraser should work too.

How frustrating for you!! :hissyfit :banghead