PDA

View Full Version : My knitting triumph

Tengokujin
01-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Yes, I managed to do kitchener stitch while DS was awake and in the room. I was the only adult present, and I actually didn't lose my mind.

My previous times I either 1--waited for nap/bedtime or 2 -gave DH strict instructions that I could not be disturbed or even spoken to til done.

Just gotta toot my own horn a bit, ya know??

UltraMother
01-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Okay, I had to google kitchener stitch. :O I've never knit socks before. I can see how you could get distracted and totally mess that up! :yes

Tengokujin
01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Yeah,it's not hard, but it's hard to know where you stopped if you have to abruptly leave the knitting..that is the test of a toddler approved craft I guess. Can you "abandon ship" quickly, or are you entangled and messed up forever if you have to stop at an inopportune spot!

And I was using for a diapercover,BTW,although it is handy for sock toes too. :)

miryam
01-26-2006, 10:35 PM
That's really cool!!! I wish I could knit! I have tried and tried, with no success. Yay for you!!! :mrgreen

cklewis
01-27-2006, 05:28 AM
WOW!! That IS an accomplishment. I read a knitter say once that her kids knew to wait until the row was done before asking for something. :scratch They must have been older than tots, eh?

C

Grover
01-27-2006, 06:13 AM
WELL DONE YOU!

WOW!! That IS an accomplishment. I read a knitter say once that her kids knew to wait until the row was done before asking for something. :scratch They must have been older than tots, eh?

C

I still havent managed to teach even my biggest one that yet.Its okay when you are just doing sss or something simple but it gets impossible if you have to stop midway through a complicated pattern