PDA

View Full Version : new here and to being veggie

my3babes
01-25-2006, 10:13 AM
I am just starting out with a lacto/ovo veggie diet. It has been a little tough because dh is not veggie, nor does he want to be. my ds can easily eat a veggie diet but my first dd loves meat like my dh. Can anyone give me any tips on what I really need to do to get started successfully? TIA

thomer
01-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Yay for you!

There are a lot of threads about this if you have a few minutes to browse the forum.

One thing I did that helped a lot was tell everyone that I was going veg - and got really passionate about it at first. :soapbox I knew they would razz me to no end if I ever went back on my decision, so it kept me accountable.

It's been 2 years, so I guess it worked!

joyfulmomof2
01-28-2006, 11:05 PM
Welcome, my3babies! :heart

May I ask why your dh is against your being a vegetarian?

milkmommy
01-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Welcome, my3babies! :heart

May I ask why your dh is against your being a vegetarian?

is he? or does he just not wat to go veggie himself.. I'm a vegge fraud right now. I'm ready to make the swich but umm need income first so I'll admit my efforts are on hold right now :O. DH will have nothing to do with an all veggie diet but doesn't stop me from doing it. DD will not touch a veggie or meat for that matter (she about carbs :rolleyes) she has enough food issues.

Deanna

joyfulmomof2
01-29-2006, 07:09 AM
is he? or does he just not wat to go veggie himself.. I'm a vegge fraud right now. I'm ready to make the swich but umm need income first so I'll admit my efforts are on hold right now :O. DH will have nothing to do with an all veggie diet but doesn't stop me from doing it. DD will not touch a veggie or meat for that matter (she about carbs :rolleyes) she has enough food issues.

Deanna

You asked it much better, Deanna. :grin That is kind of what I was wanting to know. If he was just not wanting anything to do with it himself or if he was really 'against' you doing it and if so was he concerned that you wouldn't be buying meat anymore or was he concerned about your health or ??? Not that it is any of my business, but I was feeling curious.