PDA

View Full Version : I want my stevia!!

Piper2
01-24-2006, 09:22 AM
I found a place around the corner that sells the KAL stevia powder (the kind I like best), so I let myself run out, thinking I could just pop in and get some more anytime. Well, I went there on Saturday, and they were OUT and my brand was on BACKORDER and the soonest they might be able to get some in will be NEXT TUESDAY!! :banghead

So I thought in the meantime, I'd just go back to my old standby, Sweet N' Low, and it's about to kill me! What I used to love as a sweetner now tastes AWFUL! :sick It's all chemical-y with a terrible aftertaste. :crazy2 I don't use Equal or Splenda, and I'm trying to avoid as much added sugar as possible (trying to lose weight), so not even something like Sugar in the Raw would work (plus, after being used to stevia, it takes about 6 packets of that stuff to sweeten one cup of coffee :O).

I'm just going to go ahead and order me a big bottle of stevia online. I'm dying for a nice, smooth-tasting cup of coffee! :cup

holmgirl
01-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Stevia is cool! Hope yours comes soon! :mrgreen

cobluegirl
01-25-2006, 11:44 PM
hehe...I am sorry. I use the green leaf kind I think is the brand....

Kasi
01-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Ummm.... :scratch What's "stevia"??

cobluegirl
01-27-2006, 10:18 PM
It is a sugar replacement...that is natural and isn't actually a sugar but a fiber(?).... www.mercola.com has some good info there.