PDA

View Full Version : It hurts to sollow

milkmommy
01-19-2006, 01:58 PM
:cry My throat hurts soo much but its really when I sollow its physically painfull and the pain is almost in the back of my jaw like I want my ears to pop kinda and I'm coughing something fierce it hurts there is a lot of mucus with it but I can't just cough it up and again its soo painful. Have any remedies I've done everything from teas apples cider vinager salt water to gums cough syrup allery pills and loszenges but nothings helpng.

Deanna

mamaKristin
01-19-2006, 02:02 PM
could be strep throat. I would get yourself checked out if it doesn't get better. :shrug

:hug Deanna

milkmommy
01-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Think so I havent had a fever :think its been about a week now..

Deanna

Havilah
01-19-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm so sorry. Have you tried some Motrin?

jujubnme
01-19-2006, 02:19 PM
:hugheart Ouch! Definitely get checked for strep. It sounds like you've tried just about everything else I'd have to recommend. My mom used to make hot lemonade with honey in it for our sore throats. It did soothe a little, but it sounds like you've got a major bug going there. :(

Grover
01-19-2006, 04:02 PM
I'd third getting that checked out.drink lots of water,my guess is asprin or anti inflametory pain killers .orage juice,hot water [50/50] and a teaspoon of honey mixed in

Miss Priss
01-19-2006, 08:55 PM
:cry My throat hurts soo much but its really when I sollow its physically painfull and the pain is almost in the back of my jaw like I want my ears to pop kinda and I'm coughing something fierce it hurts there is a lot of mucus with it but I can't just cough it up and again its soo painful. Have any remedies I've done everything from teas apples cider vinager salt water to gums cough syrup allery pills and loszenges but nothings helpng.

Deanna

:hugheart Me too, but minus the mucus, and I haven't really taken anything but an Aleve for the throat, but not working well. I've had my cough for well over two weeks, the sore throat started this evening. Wanna come over and we'll be miserable together? lol

Grover
01-20-2006, 04:15 AM
i hope your both feeling bettter soon

Heather Micaela
01-20-2006, 04:29 AM
well I didnt think you could catch *bio* viruses online, but you sound just like I was for over a week and i am still gettting better.

I went to the dr and it wasn't strep so there was no antibiotics to give me,

I just drank tea :shrug

booboo
01-20-2006, 04:35 AM
Ice water is very soothing for a sore throat, and sure couldn't hurt! Peppermint tea is good for the congestion. Stay away from dairy, it'll make the mucus worse!

Hope you and your little one are feeling better soon! :hugheart

alwaysHis324
01-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Oh! so sorry you are feeling awful! :hugheart

I deal with chronic sore throats, and I hate when they get so bad I can't swallow. Not at all fun.

As for remedies, it depends on if you find hot or cold soothing. I would suck on ice cubes when cold felt really good. Or sip ice water. It had a numbing effect. I would also suck on mint candy and then drink cool water.
However sometimes hot/warm is what wanted. My favorite thing for sore throats is Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat tea. I make it with lots of honey (though it tastes good without lots of sweetener, I just love honey, and it feels good on my throat). Sip it slowly, since you are in so much pain. I've also just swallowed spoonfuls of honey.

Another (odd thing) to try, is pickle juice (I mentioned this in the strange foods thread). That always seems to sooth my throat. Although if you have tried acv and that didn't do much, pickle juice might not help. You could also gargle salt water. Thats never done much for my sore throats, but its always worth a try.

:pray for you! I hope you feel better soon! How's Cecelia feeling? :hug

fancifulfrog
01-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Gargle warm salt water and drink icewater/suck on ice cubes. I have been suffering the same thing. It is now getting better after a little over a week.

milkmommy
01-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Still pretty http://bestsmileys.com/sick/1.gif but doing a lot better :) I can actually swollow now though my voice is totally gone. NEver got to the doctor they are booked till Monday :rolleyes but I went ahead and set an appoinment JIC. I was up all night in sereve pain and horrible coughing fits.
Today DH brought me a new honey bear because I used up our old one in teas (didn't have much to began with) and as bad as this sounds I've been taking straight up teaspoons shots like every hour :O :yum and maybe its just a luck but I'm feeling 100x's better like the swelling is seriously reduced still a little sore but nothing like it was before and my cough has drastically calmed and when I do umm stuffs comming up. (yea gross but I need to get that junk out) So I'm having a diet of iced chamoline tea unsweetened honey and a little toast. DD surrived two days in school with out ne having to pick her up due to illiness. Soo far DH has seemed to avoid the brunt of this, Hoefully things will countinue to get better.

Deanna