PDA

View Full Version : hey Jasonsmom (and other tatters)

Wonder Woman
01-19-2006, 05:48 AM
etatters has moved to a *much* faster and nicer forum..so now would be a good time to join if you haven't already.
the link is http://test.etatters.com/ and registration is free.
It's the most helpful site I've seen so far.
And, I posted a new heart pattern there :O

And Jasonsmom - I know you knit - have you ever tatted with yarn and combined that with your knitting? I combine mine with slingmamaof2's crochet. :tu

Time to get the tatters tatting again! ;)

slingmamaof4
01-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Not a tatter yet....have to learn...more than just the very basics that you taught me a while ago. So now I just need the extra time to learn it. :grin

Tengokujin
01-20-2006, 04:01 AM
(hanging my head in shame) While it's great to see my name in a subject line, I am so NOT an examplary tatter! I have done Christmas ornaments, bookmarks, and very small doilies. All over three years ago before DS was a twinkle in my eye. Funny how having a son slows down your tatting!

Jadensmom, I looked for your pattern, but I can't get any threads to show. What's up with that??

I've never done any combo work like that. I can imagine how it might be cool combined with crochet.

Wonder Woman
01-20-2006, 05:15 AM
While it's great to see my name in a subject line, I am so NOT an examplary tatter! I have done Christmas ornaments, bookmarks, and very small doilies.

hmmm...that's Christmas ornaments, bookmarks, and very small doilies that most people will never accomplish in their lifetime ;) :tu

I think you have to register to see the thread, so I'll re-post it here in this forum.

I KWYM about a son interfering w/tatting :giggle Except now mine is old enough to say "I NO TOUCH mama's PWETTIES!" Then he sidles up beside me and says "Jaden make pwetties, mama?"

And while there are some *awesome* male tatters out there (Mark Meyers, the Shuttle Brothers) - dh has a mental block against ds learning to tat. He wants him to learn how to knit (my FIL makes awesome handknitted wool socks) but tatting is throwing him for a loop. :shrug :lol So I'll give it a while before I get my son making lace! FIL crochets, too - and makes gorgeous doilies - and dh thinks that is awesome. But he sees tatting as a feminine art, while he views crochet and knitting as gender neutral. Strange, huh?

ok...let me see if I can dig up a combo link....
here's one
http://www.northtipton.com/joining.htm
:scratch I know there was a better one out there but I can't find it now.
I've crocheted scarves before then yarn tatted snowflakes for the ends in place of a fringe - that always looks cute. I do hear people say it's easier to needle tat w/yarn, because the shuttle used with yarn is so big and heavy. :shrug Do you needle tat at all?

I'm off to pull up patterns for you - we'll drag you back into the tatting world (gently, of course :hug )

Tengokujin
01-20-2006, 05:48 AM
I guess what I meant about a son slowing down tatting was more that DS doesn't need too many tatted accessories, KWIM?? I am also drawn to crafts that let me work in semidarkness. Justifies a lot of TV viewing :O

You know,that is a whole thread idea--how to integrate your crafts back into your life after children. Tatting is small and portable which makes it good. Knitting,at least on circulars, has been good for me too.

Wonder Woman
01-20-2006, 06:08 AM
OH! you mean you DON'T deck your son out in lace?! :laughtears :laughtears

I think a spin off thread is a good idea...let's start one :)

I mostly either sell my lace, or give it to people for gifts. One CRAZY episode had me tatting 40 crosses for mother's day gifts for all the ladies in my church :hunh I plead temporary insanity :shifty

I wish lace were more fashionable to wear...I'd love to be able to pull of scads of tatted lace on a blouse. But alas, tis not to be! I was born 200 years too late for that!